TRAC Announcement

N

Nascar24rainbow

TRAC has announced that it has reached a multi-year agreement with ESPN to be the exclusive network for all TRAC races beginning in May of 2004. They will show all 13 races from May through mid August on Saturday afternoons and evenings.

At least ESPN's got coverage of some form of stock car racing again. As for TRAC, not that they've got the TV deal, they can really work on getting the series started with all 4 wheels turning properly. I'm very interested to see how this series will stack up in terms of other major touring series.

I been visiting the TRAC sit for a long time. I kinda thought it was dead as well. They did not change anythign on there site since about September. Then the other day they actually put a new story up abotu the rear wings. I singed up for there free newsletter back in the srping last year and have not gotten anything yet.

Trying to read a bit more on the series and its TV contract with ESPN.

It would appear the TRAC, like CART has done, is not being paid by ESPN for the rights to the series. Conversely, TRAC has bought the airtime which Raycom will in turn try to sell to advertisers. I'm guessing that if ad revs fall below cost of the airtime, TRAC will have to foot the bill.

Multi-year but barely, a two year deal with everything beyond being options. Betcha most of thsoe options belong to ESPN not TRAC.

Here's the basis for the above conclusions. From the TRAC site.

How does the ESPN deal work?
Both entities entered into a dialogue based on TRAC’s need for a national television package for owners and sponsors. The companies have a deal with the specific business points in which TRAC acquires the air-time and production for 13 races from ESPN. Raycom will sell that time, packaged with sponsorships, and those dollars will be used to finance the cost of air-time and production.

How long is the ESPN deal?
Both ESPN and TRAC insisted on a partnership that will allow for consistent growth of the league in the coming years. We have entered into a long-term deal with them that begins with two years and has a series of options that could extend the deal to 11 years.

As near as I can tell only one team owner exists to this point, which is the same place this series was a year ago. Still got most of my money on not seeing a lap out of these folks.

I agree ...i doubt it will get off the ground and if they do actually run a race , i doubt that Trac will make a full season.

Back
Top Bottom