Truck RACE thread --- Canadian Tire

Never like that gragson kid but damn that was a good race.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty good recovery for some of the drivers, Crafton did pretty well. Peters had a good run, Tag rallied after the spin from 20th to 10th

upload_2018-8-26_16-15-38.png

No. You dont give up the inside lane coming the the flag. Ever.

Not talking about giving up a LANE, just that you have to expect the dive and move away quick.

I'm betting TG wishes he had done a better job anticipating that move after he slid and gave Gr a shot at it. We've seen this a dozen times in that same corner, and it always turns out the same. Once out of the turn, use your door to take his speed back.

I bet a smart driver like Harvick does exactly what I described, get the guy on the curb, open up your turn and drive away while he tries to get his wheels hooked up. No point in waiting on gentlemanly racing.

Last edited:
The 4 messed up getting loose. There is no reason Noah should give up that spot

The 4 messed up getting loose. There is no reason Noah should give up that spot

If you're spotting for the 4, you say there wasn't enough there to go for it. If your spotting for the 18, you say the 4 slid the tires and failed to protect the bottom.

This is what's fun about the racing these days. Nobody is racing like Bill Elliott anymore, not even his son. Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt and even a young Keselowski make the same move Gregson did. These guys have to win races and championships to get a shot at Cup. The days of guys like Mike W or Elliot Sadler riding around with full sponsorship are over.

For the record, I was hoping TG would win. I don't like Gregson much. But TG left an opening, and then tried to slam it shut and payed the price. He failed to protect.
If there was a set manual on these situations, spotters wouldn't have so many arguments over what the other guy did. They would open the manual, flip to 'situation 33' and settle it.

Especially when points dont mean anything and wins are all you are racing for. That's the case for Gilliland. A 2nd place finish does nothing for him.

Did TG win? Nope. He gave up enough of the bottom when he slid entering. Even if Gregson pushed him into the corner, trying to slam the door when the guy is halfway inside was a bad decision. I doubt anyone in the field backs out of it coming to the checkers, especially not his Truck owner.

Not talking about giving up a LANE, just that you have to expect the dive and move away quick.

I'm betting TG wishes he had done a better job anticipating that move after he slid and gave Gr a shot at it. We've seen this a dozen times in that same corner, and it always turns out the same. Once out of the turn, use your door to take his speed back.

I bet a smart driver like Harvick does exactly what I described, get the guy on the curb, open up your turn and drive away while he tries to get his wheels hooked up. No point in waiting on gentlemanly racing.
You said he should give him room. Anymore room and he could have gotten completely inside of him and made the pass. TG's mistake was getting loose off of 9 and letting NG get a nose inside,

I dont like gragson at all but that was a racing deal any way you look at it. 18 had a peak, 4 slammed the door and boom... it sucks but that was an awesome race today

You said he should give him room. Anymore room and he could have gotten completely inside of him and made the pass. TG's mistake was getting loose off of 9 and letting NG get a nose inside,

I said...
TG gives him a little room and he wins.

I think we're on the same page now. :cheers:

It's not about TG being nice, it's about self preservation. I wanted TG to win, but he slid into the last turn and then tried to slam the door and got spun by a young driver racing over his head. Sound familiar? ;)

I dont like gragson at all but that was a racing deal any way you look at it. 18 had a peak, 4 slammed the door and boom... it sucks but that was an awesome race today

Yep. Thankfully, the days of racing by Tony Stewarts open wheel rules are over in NASCAR.
These cars have Fenders and Bumpers for a reason. :D

Did TG win? Nope. He gave up enough of the bottom when he slid entering. Even if Gregson pushed him into the corner, trying to slam the door when the guy is halfway inside was a bad decision. I doubt anyone in the field backs out of it coming to the checkers, especially not his Truck owner.
Gragson was never gonna make that corner. He went it too deep, hopped the rumble strips and doored the 4. Gragson even admitted he blew it so no need to continue to blame Gilliland.

Gragson was never gonna make that corner. He went it too deep, hopped the rumble strips and doored the 4. Gragson even admitted he blew it so no need to continue to blame Gilliland.

All the more reason for TG to head left instead of right.
It's not about TG being nice, it's about self preservation. I wanted TG to win, but he slid into the last turn and then tried to slam the door and got spun by a young driver racing over his head. Sound familiar? ;)
You're still not reading properly.​
Later.

Last edited:
So drivers can choose Checkers or Wreckers

Is that something new? Some do, some don't. This isn't TG's first rodeo with knucklehead Gregson. Need to be aware of who your racing. If TG heads to the left after squeezing him, Gregson probably spins all by himself and TG wins.

Expecting Gregson to be a gentleman in a faster car clearly didn't work.

Or don’t be a ***** and whoop his ass after the race so no one tries that move again

Back
Top Bottom