Truck RACE thread --- Chicago

Lupton wrecked a **** ton in Xfinity, good performance for him today. Also, no wrecked trucks for DGR-Crosley today. What an accomplishment.

New points leader Brett Moffitt
upload_2019-6-28_22-18-51.png

I wonder if Hattori is still favoring taking Hill over Moffitt at this point? Hill has been solid, but has not had the same speed we seen from Hattori last season.

Also, its crazy how the GMS truck did not have a sponsor, but dropped Sauter due to lack of sponsorship. Just some weird observations... Was and is Sauter that "grating" at times for GMS?

I wonder if Hattori is still favoring taking Hill over Moffitt at this point? Hill has been solid, but has not had the same speed we seen from Hattori last season.

Also, its crazy how the GMS truck did not have a sponsor, but dropped Sauter due to lack of sponsorship. Just some weird observations... Was and is Sauter that "grating" at times for GMS?

How do you know that GMS'S offer was one that Hattori could match?

One of Enfinger's crew was on the horn saying that if Nascar wasn't going to do something about the 16 truck they were going to take it into their own hands. Sounds like they did.

Sauter was about sponsorship in the sense that he pissed the sponsors (and team) off.

How do you know that GMS'S offer was one that Hattori could match?

That's why I'm asking questions. I know nothing about contracts or any of that jazz. I'm just curious about it all, GMS probably can pay more to the driver. Hattori almost didn't make it time races last season because of a lack of funding. Yet, Moffitt and Zippy were maximizing what they could,get week in and out. I could only imagine how tight the budget was last season for them, its out to my range of comprehension at times.

Hill is a good driver and he's earned his shot with them, but Moffitt was so good last year that its still crazy how he couldn't be retained even after everything. Hattori had to do what he had to do to keep his team going, can't be mad at him for it. Hill probably came cheaper and had United Rentals behind him, I guess business wise its an easy choice. Compared to a now champion driver who probably wants a bigger piece of the pie.

This just my crazy opinion though.

That's why I'm asking questions. I know nothing about contracts or any of that jazz. I'm just curious about it all, GMS probably can pay more to the driver. Hattori almost didn't make it time races last season because of a lack of funding. Yet, Moffitt and Zippy were maximizing what they could,get week in and out. I could only imagine how tight the budget was last season for them, its out to my range of comprehension at times.

Hill is a good driver and he's earned his shot with them, but Moffitt was so good last year that its still crazy how he couldn't be retained even after everything. Hattori had to do what he had to do to keep his team going, can't be mad at him for it. Hill probably came cheaper and had United Rentals behind him, I guess business wise its an easy choice. Compared to a now champion driver who probably wants a bigger piece of the pie.

This just my crazy opinion though.

I think you said it, Hill comes cheaper and brings some sponsorship.

For some reason I think Moffitt would be cheaper than Sauter but I'm less convinced than the former listed above in my post.

Hill didn't do anything wrong, the space was open and he went for it. Enfinger got the short end of the stick, sadly. Davis got sucked up into him and got into Enfinger.

I'm too busy laughing at these comments about Hill on twitter:
"Spoiled rich boy."
"Ride buyer."
"Sauter should have finished him off."

Folks realize that Hill earned his keep and earned his sponsors. Man, no wonder I hate reading idiotic comments in that cesspool at times.

Folks realize that Hill earned his keep and earned his sponsors.
Hill thinks his crap doesn't stink...and being one of the hyped and chosen Nascar media darlings, allows for him to make stupid and deliberate moves on the race track that if it was someone else, they would have been taken out.

Quite ironic that one team seemed to have engine issues....and only them. I say poop can the Ilmor monopoly...let the Ford boys have their engines back. Just say'n....it was on full display last night.

Got to love how one truck was being limited to 80% RPM...from an outside signal interference...then the same signal accidently stalls one of the other trucks....really?

Back
Top Bottom