Truck RACE thread --- Homestead

The difference was that Elliott got beat on the track and wasn't eliminated from competing for the championship by a gimmick point system.
That's the only difference. If not for the Chase, Byron would be hoisting the trophy.

Elliott wins: 11
Waltrip wins: 3

Elliott avgfinish: 8.7
Waltrip avgfinish: 7.3

Elliott top5: 16
Waltrip top5: 18

Elliott: top10: 18
Waltrip top10: 21

Looks to me like Waltrip ran a stronger season than Elliott. Won 101 more points overall :idunno: Works for me

I was talking about the National Anthem but you're right about the booth. :D

Where's @Revman ? Three yoders and one chivvy in the chase and the chivvy done showed'em how it's done. :beerbang:

Here celebrating the Truck Manufacturer's Championship! Congrats to Sauter. Drivers screw up great race trucks.

...and don't forget that the racing is terrible.
Truck racing is great, I've always enjoyed the series. The Chase and the caution clock are the reasons I don't watch anymore.
If they suddenly shut off all of the the trucks during the race, at the same time, you'd be able to hear the crickets in the grandstands.

The guy with 11 wins lost the 1985 championship
That happened a few times pre-chase. A 2-win Terry Labonte beat a 10-win Jeff Gordon for the championship in 1996, and in 2003 a 1-win Matt Kenseth won the championship while an 8-win Ryan Newman finished 6th in points.

William Bryon is a superior driver compared to the kid in the 4 truck. It appears someone backed the wrong driver, because Bell seems immature and unsure of himself.

Back
Top Bottom