Truck RACE thread---Iowa

Pulling for Moffitt here. Would mean a lot more for them IMO. Not even guaranteed to be on the grid past Gateway.

This is why we need more short tracks.
Sure, not every race will be this great, but we get to see the drivers drive the wheels off their cars.
No amount of restrictor plates or high drag packages will create this kind of driving.
Drivers wheeling their cars around a track at 150mph door to door, trading paint.
That is the epitome of what makes good stock car racing.

Crowd makes me a little sad honestly. No place is getting a Cup race with a crowd like that for a Truck race. Certainly doesn't persuade NASCAR to run more standalone events either.

It's about 95 degrees and 90‰ humidity there today. Might have something to do with it. We talked about making the drive down but sitting in the stands in that weather is miserable for an overweight Minnesotan

That Gragson slider lol. Great racing. Glad Moffitt finally had a run come together.

For the billionth time in the last ten years, please bring the cup series here.

Crowd makes me a little sad honestly. No place is getting a Cup race with a crowd like that for a Truck race. Certainly doesn't persuade NASCAR to run more standalone events either.

Indeed. As I remember it, the track was quite well supported in its early years. Iowa Speedway only seats 30,000. If the crowd looked bad, it was bad. Knoxville being half an hour away and running their weekly sprint car show probably doesn't help. But...sure wish this kind of racing could be more supported by the masses.

That was a pretty good little race!
Yeah, I thought the same thing regarding standalone events. This race was everything a barnstorming event should be. It's not just that the crowd size wouldn't persuade NASCAR. How many track operators saw that and decided there weren't enough people to justify the expense of hosting a race?

Absolutely ridiculous if that team can’t finish the season. Moffitt is the biggest threat to Sauter and Gragson for the title.

Already lost Red Horse. HRE has been doing a great job and I'd hate for them to close or pause operations. Maybe, losing Truex's sponsor hurt a bit more than expected?

I hope Moffitt gets enough sponsorship. I have believed for a while that his talent exceeds his opportunities. I would love to see him string together enough wins to solidify his case.
But nobody will make it on race winnings alone. I think Johnny Benson lost a ride in the series while he was the defending champion.

Back
Top Bottom