Truck RACE thread ---- Martinsville

Let’s see Kyle wins his third straight in the truck series and where did his other trucks finish? Not even in the top 10. Part of why he does it is to gauge his equipment and see if it’s the equipment or the drivers, obviously he needs some better drivers

Let’s see Kyle wins his third straight in the truck series and where did his other trucks finish? Not even in the top 10. Part of why he does it is to gauge his equipment and see if it’s the equipment or the drivers, obviously he needs some better drivers
Anyone can fire an employee. Coaching them to raise their potential is the real measure.

Too bad. You missed some pretty good racing in the middle.
It was great. Moffitt was taking no prisoners when he got to them. Sauter coming from the back twice after trouble, Chastain was on par with Busch, just didnt have the long run speed. Lots if action everywhere. Great race

Gilliland ran in the top 5 all day until he had trouble, Burton came back from a bad qualifying position all the way into the top 5 before he had trouble, Lessard ran a good race for his first one and learned a lot for his next shot. They are young and need laps. Thats it

Rational discussion riles the haters.

Pretty obvious why TieOta keeps Kyle running in the truck series.

View attachment 39969

Toyota would have bailed on the Trucks with the stupid spec crap, but they needed a place for driver development. Kyle brings sponsorship. Keeps the boat afloat. So, I guess it's only obvious to the Kyle/Toyota haters.

If Kyle Busch didn't exist, NASCAR would be dead. Yeah, I feel better. How many fewer posts would there be without him? Think about it. What an asset he is to this sport.

Toyota doesnt need Kyle and his sponsorship dollars to run those trucks Rev.

mostly Toyota sub contractors on the trucks, mostly a figurehead for the factory, like JGR is. All that and they got beat beat by a single truck underfunded truck team last year..so yeah run the cup driver. :p The rest of them weren't in the top 10..so yeah keep the focus off of that and on win 201 because the rest of that factory team aren't doing so well.

If Kyle Busch didn't exist, NASCAR would be dead. Yeah, I feel better. How many fewer posts would there be without him? Think about it. What an asset he is to this sport.

Yes he is an ass...it to the sport. Great driver, pure ass...it in how he handles himself. I get it, and if he is good to be the villain (which he embraced) then roll with it. I am sure he is generally a good person, seems to be a good husband and father. He rubs people the wrong way with his smarmy whining and smart mouth. Same issue I have with oversized egos in other sports.

So some of my fun in this sport is “hating” KDB. If he wrecks or screws up or blows a tire we cheer. Don’t want him to get hurt (don’t want any driver to get injured). I wouldn’t mind someone giving him the Kenseth if provoked enough.

But I will never deny his ability, which is right at the top level of drivers in NASCAR history.

Yes he is an ass...it to the sport. Great driver, pure ass...it in how he handles himself. I get it, and if he is good to be the villain (which he embraced) then roll with it. I am sure he is generally a good person, seems to be a good husband and father. He rubs people the wrong way with his smarmy whining and smart mouth. Same issue I have with oversized egos in other sports.

So some of my fun in this sport is “hating” KDB. If he wrecks or screws up or blows a tire we cheer. Don’t want him to get hurt (don’t want any driver to get injured). I wouldn’t mind someone giving him the Kenseth if provoked enough.

But I will never deny his ability, which is right at the top level of drivers in NASCAR history.

Honest post.

mostly Toyota sub contractors on the trucks, mostly a figurehead for the factory, like JGR is. All that and they got beat beat by a single truck underfunded truck team last year..so yeah run the cup driver. :p The rest of them weren't in the top 10..so yeah keep the focus off of that and on win 201 because the rest of that factory team aren't doing so well.

So, you are asserting that Hattori doesn't utilize TRD facilities/data? ....and JGR is a TRD puppet? I ask because I am sure that you are more knowledgeable than that, but I've read your post several times, and I think that is what you are trying to say. BTW, if Hattori isn't a TRD favored son, why the hell did TRD buy one of those spec pieces of crap for them for Homestead?

Toyota doesnt need Kyle and his sponsorship dollars to run those trucks Rev.

Since TRD and Toyota entered, they have been very conscious of acceptance. They need KBM to stay afloat to support the Driver Development Program, and Kyle running in the Trucks is a part of that. I don't think that they have a problem filling in gaps in funding, but they are not willing to fully fund anything. If I am wrong here, why did they let Moffit go? TRD and Toyota entered Trucks prior to their Xfinity and Cup entries to gauge acceptance. They watched that very closely, and I believe 100% that they would have backed away if it hurt them in the showroom. Another piece of all of this is securing Kyle Busch himself. I am sure that his company is in his contract language somewhere with Toyota. So, I will respectfully disagree with you. Sure, Toyota could run those Trucks without any sponsorship, but they wouldn't do it--contrary to Roush-ist beliefs, TRD is on a budget, and reports directly to Toyota North America which reports to Toyota Japan. Toyota needs the winningest driver in company history, and they need sponsorship dollars he brings to pay respect to the NASCAR business model.

Kyle wins races, Toyota likes that stuff :booya:

180 Toyota wins and counting. I could not possibly live long enough to watch anybody surpass that. He will go down in history as the greatest Toyota driver of all time. That. Is. All. I. Need.

So, you are asserting that Hattori doesn't utilize TRD facilities/data? ....and JGR is a TRD puppet? I ask because I am sure that you are more knowledgeable than that, but I've read your post several times, and I think that is what you are trying to say. BTW, if Hattori isn't a TRD favored son, why the hell did TRD buy one of those spec pieces of crap for them for Homestead?
you kidding? they didn't have enough money many times to make it to the next race. Theie story was widely published. They bought the motor for them because they had been running a worn out TRD motor and Nascar had upped the HP on the spec because teams were custom building in house motors (expensive) and they didn't have the money to buy one. Quite a story, no matter how hard you try to discredit it. It is written in black n white.

Last edited:
you kidding? they didn't have enough money many times to make it to the next race. Theie story was widely published. They bought the motor for them because they had been running a worn out TRD motor and Nascar had upped the HP on the spec because teams were custom building in house motors (expensive) and they didn't have the money to buy one. Quite a story, no matter how hard you try to discredit it. It is written in black n white.

No kidding....but you are asserting that Hattori somehow beat the Evil Empire when it was that very Empire who supported them when they had to have it. BS on the worn out motor. They bought the spec **** because NASCAR was pushing OEM out, and you know that. Dude, I get that you hate Toyota, but c'mon.

Back
Top Bottom