Truck RACE thread --- Martinsville

Darn, even with a DVR set to record the race plus 3 hours after in case of rain/major accident(s), I don't get to see the finish. It really bugs me that these networks schedule live events back-to-back all the time. I'm sure it made some of the network advertisers really happy -- NOT.

If Kyle would Fire that underperforming Little turd right now he’d be on my Mount Rushmore of favorite drivers.

Respect goes both ways. Kyle Busch wants to throw crap and punch down -- it's gonna come back around.

It should be good theater.

Respect goes both ways. Kyle Busch wants to throw crap and punch down -- it's gonna come back around.

Should be good theater.
Kyle signs his paycheck the kid should respect that. We’ll see what ride he is in next year compared to the KBM ride he’s underachieved in in almost two years now.

Kyle signs his paycheck the kid should respect that. We’ll see what ride he is in next year compared to the KBM ride he’s underachieved in in almost two years now.

Someone comes after you -- you have every right to return fire.

Is it worth it? That's up to the individuals involved.

Someone comes after you -- you have every right to return fire.

Is it worth it? That's up to the individuals involved.
Todd will find out if it was worth it when he’s in an whatever back of the field truck ride he probably ends up in next year t

Does any other owner do this? I mean outside of Jack Roush who threw shade to Ricky Stenhouse. (That **** was funny)

Respect goes both ways, I mean seriously. In all my years, my bosses have never aired me out in front of a crowd or anything. Kyle Busch has publically bashed Gilliland especially on multiple occasions, its not right IMO. Gilliland has underperformed, we know this, but to talk crap to the media about him is not right.

How many time Kyle has done some silly stuff and Joe Gibbs or Rick Hendrick never publically shamed him? Kyle should know better, I understand he's outspoken, but take care of this business behind closed doors and not to the media.

Todd most definitely will not be back with KBM, but his father's team has the resources for good equipment. It wouldn't surprise me to see Todd perform better next year.

Todd is speaking from the heart and he's not backing down, I can respect that. He'll learn from this moment though, I hope he wins more in the future.

Does any other owner do this? I mean outside of Jack Roush who threw shade to Ricky Stenhouse. (That sh!t was funny)

Respect goes both ways, I mean seriously. In all my years, my bosses have never aired me out in front of a crowd or anything. Kyle Busch has publically bashed Gilliland especially on multiple occasions, its not right IMO. Gilliland has underperformed, we know this, but to talk crap to the media about him is not right.

How many time Kyle has done some silly stuff and Joe Gibbs or Rick Hendrick never publically shamed him? Kyle should know better, I understand he's outspoken, but take care of this business behind closed doors and not to the media.

Todd most definitely will not be back with KBM, but his father's team has the resources for good equipment. It wouldn't surprise me to see Todd perform better next year.

Todd is speaking from the heart and he's not backing down, I can respect that. He'll learn from this moment though, I hope he wins more in the future.
Im sorry but this is big time auto racing if you're not producing the owner can do or say whatever to motivate a driver. If it means going to the media then so be it. That type of thing happens all the time in the NBA, NFL, NHL or European Soccer where a coach will air a player out to the media. Do I agree with it no I personally wouldn't do it seeing how I've coached and played soccer but obviously not at a high level. I'm sorry I can't get behind Kyle respecting Todd beyond obviously giving him a humane work place/conditions and signing a check. The dude has underachieved in a KBM ride, Kyle was lighting a fire under his ass.

Like he was going to stay where he was in the first place?
Glad Gilliland had his day because every dog does. I really doubt it will hurt his career, almost everybody knows KDB is a jackass and Gilliland is usually mannerly unless he was called out publicly, which many thought was in bad taste and totally uncalled for. I noticed that there is another under team that seems to be backstopping the Truckotas, and they are still in the hunt for a championship that KDB isn't in, and that is DGR/Crosley. Another one is Austin Hill. This is starting to smell like KDB's Xfinity team.

Regardless of of who started what, disrespecting the team owner is not smart.
If you hate him get a new deal and beat him, winning is the best revenge.
neither is disrespecting a driver IMO. It isn't like Gilliland is powerless, his dad fields a winning lower series team and also has a truck in the finals which is more than KDB is doing as long as some are stuck on underperforming

nonsense.

Kyle has done nothing but rip into Todd and if his boss cant take whats been dished then he should just shut his little yap yap mouth.

Oh but the team owner publicly disrespecting his drivers is fair game?

If Kyle doesnt like him he should find a new driver that can beat him, right?

A leader of an organization disparaging the people who make the money is never wise in any industry.

Reactions: Pat
Maybe he’s a fan of Elvis Costello?

“I wanna bite the hand that feeds me
I wanna bite that hand so badly
I want to make them wish they'd never seen me”
Radio, Radio

This will go down on his permanent record -- Kyle Busch's permanent record. :)

Add it to the list.

Oh but the team owner publicly disrespecting his drivers is fair game?

If Kyle doesnt like him he should find a new driver that can beat him, right?

A leader of an organization disparaging the people who make the money is never wise in any industry.
I have not defended Kyle, I just it was not smart to disrespect the team owner. It is not a right or wrong thing it is just the way it works. The owner usually has the greater power.

I have seen others do it and did not end well for them.

I also got bit by the DVR blues but it sounds like everybody did - wtf?

And I can’t even catch the replay, PG&E just turned off a million of us 30 min ago. Supposed to be out till Monday.

nonsense.

Kyle has done nothing but rip into Todd and if his boss cant take whats been dished then he should just shut his little yap yap mouth.
Kyle ran his mouth because until today Todd didn’t produce?? Like how are people on this board actually making a case for going back at your boss? Is this done in your personal lives? I’m so confused....the problem is most of you are applauding Todd running his mouth to Kyle because...it’s Kyle.

I'm good with it after seeing response, hell Kyle probably respects it being a loud mouth himself now that Todd won.

Kyle ran his mouth because until today Todd didn’t produce?? Like how are people on this board actually making a case for going back at your boss? Is this done in your personal lives? I’m so confused....the problem is most of you are applauding Todd running his mouth to Kyle because...it’s Kyle.
I'm not applauding Gilly's comment but I do find it understandable. If the boss publicly doesn't have your back, I don't expect you to have his.

I feel pretty sure by his radio comment he knew he wasnt coming back. That comment sounds a lot like Kyle though dont you think?
Maybe but I have a hard time picturing Kyle saying that to Preacher Joe

they cut of the ending on the !!!!!!replay too
I also got bit by the DVR blues but it sounds like everybody did - wtf?

And I can’t even catch the replay, PG&E just turned off a million of us 30 min ago. Supposed to be out till Monday.

Maybe but I have a hard time picturing Kyle saying that to Preacher Joe
I mean in general, it sounds like Kyle. Sometimes you take on others attitudes and to be fair, Joe wouldnt have publicly called Kyle out.

Back
Top Bottom