Truck series driver Spencer Davis tests positive for COVID-19

From what I read "one" test came back positive, which means he tested positive but apparently is not showing signs of sickness, kind of like what 7 time experianced.
He may have tested positive from a cold he had last year, who knows.

A lot of people test positive and are A-symptomatic, which means no symptoms of or being sick, just got a positive on the test.

I sure would like to see the analysis of people that test A-Systematic verses The ones that really have it.

From what I read "one" test came back positive, which means he tested positive but apparently is not showing signs of sickness, kind of like what 7 time experianced.

A lot of people test positive and are A-symptomatic, which means no symptoms of or being sick, just got a positive on the test.

I sure would like to see the analysis of people that test A-Systematic verses The ones that really have it.
Both groups spread the virus.

Presymptomatic or asymptomatic people who are infected with COVID-19 can spread it without knowing it. This is called the incubation period. The flu has an incubation period of about 3 days where a person can have the virus, and spread it, and not show symptoms. The incubation period of COVID-19 has an average of 5 days but can be as long as 14 days. That’s why it’s so dangerous when it comes to infection rates.

Best not to closely interact with anyone for two weeks or until he tests negative multiple times. Barring any underlying health conditions, age is on his side. I hope he remains asymptomatic while he takes precautions.

Exactly. Very real chance this was a false positive

A lot of false positives out there too.

If he really does have it, he'll get over it quickly and be fine.

Presymptomatic or asymptomatic people who are infected with COVID-19 can spread it without knowing it. This is called the incubation period. The flu has an incubation period of about 3 days where a person can have the virus, and spread it, and not show symptoms. The incubation period of COVID-19 has an average of 5 days but can be as long as 14 days. That’s why it’s so dangerous when it comes to infection rates.

Best not to closely interact with anyone for two weeks or until he tests negative multiple times. Barring any underlying health conditions, age is on his side. I hope he remains asymptomatic while he takes precautions.
Given this is correct, and I've heard so many differing things I don't know what is, why was Johnson allowed to come back so soon?

Given this is correct, and I've heard so many differing things I don't know what is, why was Johnson allowed to come back so soon?
He passed NASCAR’s requirements of two negative COVID-19 tests at least 24 hours apart, an absence of symptoms and medical clearance from a physician.

Johnson may have had a false positive test or it was a true positive but he was near the end of the virus’s life in his body.

The fact that some tests produce false positives is well established.

Which means that the absolute bull**** I have been hearing about 0 positives coming from the All Star Race is 100% meaningless.

He passed NASCAR’s requirements of two negative COVID-19 tests at least 24 hours apart, an absence of symptoms and medical clearance from a physician.

Johnson may have had a false positive test or it was a true positive but he was near the end of the virus’s life in his body.

So if he was at the end of the virus's life, then he could have been at the track the previous week while contagious? I assume there have been more people at the tracks with the virus than what we are aware of.

As for the original topic, I hope Spencer Davis makes it through just fine. I'm sure he will.

So if he was at the end of the virus's life, then he could have been at the track the previous week while contagious?
It’s possible but it seems as though NASCAR’s safety procedures prevented him from spreading it to other NASCAR employees.

Best wishes too him.

The fact that some tests produce false positives is well established.
Governor of Ohio, 73 years old, tested positive this morning prior to meeting with the president and just a few hours ago he tested negative.

Governor of Ohio, 73 years old, tested positive this morning prior to meeting with the president and just a few hours ago he tested negative.
Sounds like a good way out of an unwanted meeting.

"Geez, you know I really want to do voice-over for our sponsor's PowerPoint on their new hemorrhoid suppository, but this morning ... "

Back
Top Bottom