True Grit

Benevolent One

Team Owner
I watched True Grit the other day. The new one, of course.

I never saw the original, so I really didn't know what to expect. I like Matt Damon, so I wanted to see it. I was really surprised when my daughter picked it out at the video store. I hadn't seen a western in so long I can't remember the last one. I liked the movie. Great dialogue and some pretty good acting too.

I watched True Grit the other day. The new one, of course.

I never saw the original, so I really didn't know what to expect. I like Matt Damon, so I wanted to see it. I was really surprised when my daughter picked it out at the video store. I hadn't seen a western in so long I can't remember the last one. I liked the movie. Great dialogue and some pretty good acting too.
Saw it a month ago. I must say that I preferred the original with the Duke. They both follow the same story with just a few changes other than the actors. I read that the new one was supposed to put the accent on the young Mattie and that it probably did, but not that you could notice so much. My favorite scene is when the Ned Pepper confronts Rooster and it goes like this...

Ned Pepper: What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a *****!

Still both movies are great.

Saw the new one last month. I thought it was probably the best remake I've ever seen. Damon beat the hell out of Glen Campbell's part, I also thought that Hailee Steinfeld played a more convincing young teenager than Kim Darby did. Actually I was really impressed with Hailee Steinfeld in this role she really nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom