Truex without Pearn

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
I say he is just fine. Once they put a race together, I believe he will go on a run. Massively impressed with his speed. Yeah, I know the results aren't there, and there are reasons for that, but when most of the Toyotas run top 5 at best, he has race winning speed. I have always loved the guy, but he is impressing the **** out of me. Great stuff!

I mean, we just now ran race #5, its still too early to come to a conclusion about MTJ without Pern, it takes time for a new CC/driver pairing to gel and get things figured out, I do agree with Rev, I think he is going to have a decent season with his new CC.

Him and the team just need to close out the races more often.

Him and the team just need to close out the races more often.
You can say that about most teams just look at Brad K last Sunday. Leading, winning a stage but finishes out of the top 10. Did everybody else get better or did they fail to keep up with the track?

He’ll be fine. But its painfully obvious as much homework isn’t being done.

Too early to tell, Toyota is behind so it's hard to tell.

But is anyone really surprised that Truex isn't running like one of the greatest ever now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If my memory serves me, I think that car has run pretty dang good for these first races, maybe even best of the Toyota bunch. I don't recall what exactly has gotten in the way of better finishes but I don't think speed has been the problem. I never agreed with the notion that Pearn was somehow deserving of all the credit for his success.

If my memory serves me, I think that car has run pretty dang good for these first races, maybe even best of the Toyota bunch. I don't recall what exactly has gotten in the way of better finishes but I don't think speed has been the problem. I never agreed with the notion that Pearn was somehow deserving of all the credit for his success.
well they have a first and two seconds for the last three seasons to shoot for. I don't think they will come close myself.

Wrecks, like a shove from AA at Phoenix. Secondly, pit miscues.

He ran well at Darlington? Been wrecked out twice? Honestly though Chevrolet being very competitive is big change, those ZL1's have some hustle since the redesign.

Truex has had top 3-4 speed every race this year with the exception of Daytona. He has carried the banner for Toyota this season, and once they workout some kinks such as pit road issues he will go on a tear. Maybe writing a guy off over the first 5 races isn't a good idea

Truex has had top 3-4 speed every race this year with the exception of Daytona. He has carried the banner for Toyota this season, and once they workout some kinks such as pit road issues he will go on a tear. Maybe writing a guy off over the first 5 races isn't a good idea
What happened to Hamlin, did he go to work for someone else?
Hamlin:
1st,17th, 6th, 20th, 5th
Truex:
32nd, 20th, 14th, 32nd, 6th

For real. Like I already said, when he - and the crew - bring it home, this conversation of "it was all Pearn" is going to be wiped out.

I "bold predicted" Truex would go winless this year. Great to see he hasn't even sniffed a win so far.

6th in David Smith’s Central Speed and 11th in NASCAR’s Driver Rating through five races. The team was 3rd in both last season. They’re not doing poorly by any means but they’re certainly not as quick as they were last season and HMS and Penske have made gains. Neither of the other two JGR big guns are doing nearly as well as they did last year either.

I certainly wouldn’t write them off however; Hamlin, for instance, didn’t really go on a tear until the second half of 2019.

This. Right here. I am very impressed with Martin and Small.

One of the very few that was actually able to pass the leader on Sunday.

Way to early to tell imo, but that will not stop our highly esteemed and impartial panel of experts.

I realize that a lot of people were giving Pearn most of the credit for Truex running so good in the past...but I think Truex is a much better driver then he gets credit for.
I don't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I "bold predicted" Truex would go winless this year. Great to see he hasn't even sniffed a win so far.
He's almost cracked the top 5 with two 6th place finishes with an average finish of 17th so far this year. There is no way he is doing as well as he did with Pearn on top of the pit box at this point in the season.

I'd guess he and his new guy still have some work to do.

Their first season together is 7 races old and 3 of those without a practice lap. Patience is a virtue.

He's almost cracked the top 5 with two 6th place finishes with an average finish of 17th so far this year. There is no way he is doing as well as he did with Pearn on top of the pit box at this point in the season.
To be fair, Gibbs as a whole is lacking the speed they had last year. That or the others caught up. I do agree that he'd be doing better with Pearn.

I realize that a lot of people were giving Pearn most of the credit for Truex running so good in the past...but I think Truex is a much better driver then he gets credit for.
Of course the team is still operating with all Pearn's notes and he has the same engineers. Any new CC would be a darn fool to try and change that success.
Lets wait and see how they do with the new car.

Back
Top Bottom