Turkey Night at the Beach

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
bell is not coming.he said it was a early christmas present to larson.larson has won 3 of 4 races with his new car.i just hope its not going to rain.

I was looking at that also and I'm pretty sure the pits flood pretty easy. It looks sunny for Fri so I wonder if it did rain out if they would cancel or race on Fri?

the track web site says they will decide on tues ,80% rain on thurs.if they move it ,it will be sprint car heats and midget practice on fri and mains on sat nite

to
the track web site says they will decide on tues ,80% rain on thurs.if they move it ,it will be sprint car heats and midget practice on fri and mains on sat nite
Thanks for that info. I looked earlier this morning and there was nothing up yet about their plans if it rained out. I guess I will know tomorrow if I need to change my hotel reservations.

i dont think they know what they are doing.did you go on Wednesday?did you hear anything about thursday?

i dont think they know what they are doing.did you go on Wednesday?did you hear anything about thursday?
I know they had covered the track. I didn't go today but this morning their website said that they were going to try and run the Wed program today and try to run tomorrow but if it rained tomorrow out they would run it on Fri. So I'm heading there in the morning and I will stay until they get it done. http://venturaraceway.com/

I'm going to do the same thing I did last year. I will stop at the Golden Coral in Oxnard around 11.00 and have some turkey and ham and then stop at my hotel and check in which is right on the ocean front a couple of miles from the track. Then I will go to the track and hangout for a while with the team that I haul their cars to the Chili Bowl and see what the plans are for the night and if it does rain out then we will all probably go have dinner somewhere.

well please keep me posted,i live about a hour and 15 min away
I'm going to do the same thing I did last year. I will stop at the Golden Coral in Oxnard around 11.00 and have some turkey and ham and then stop at my hotel and check in which is right on the ocean front a couple of miles from the track. Then I will go to the track and hangout for a while with the team that I haul their cars to the Chili Bowl and see what the plans are for the night and if it does rain out then we will all probably go have dinner somewhere.

just heard they are starting at 315 friday
I went to the track before I checked into my hotel and it looked pretty sloppy but the sun is out right now and they are going to run the same scheduled times tomorrow that they would have today. Are you gonna be here tomorrow?

yes maybe 3.30
While I was waiting for the In&Out Burger next to my hotel to open I went to the track and drove through the pits and even though there was still some water standing by a few of the haulers they were dragging the pit area drying it up. The sun has been out all morning so I think it is going to be good by the time racing starts tonight.

Looks like the rain finally cleared out and they are getting the program in now. B and A still to go.

They announced that it was the largest car count since 1994. Due to the severe amount of rain the track was real rough and they had to have a lot of patients. It was basically a single groove track and if you got out of the groove you would be lucky if you didn't flip. The race finished at 12.30 just in time for me to drive 2 miles down the street and grab some In&Out burgers before they closed and go across the street to my hotel and turn on the heater and try to warm up. :)

The track announcer said that the agreement was just signed to have the Turkey night at Ventura again next year. Last years race between Bell and Larson was one of the best I have seen. What a show them two put on. Last night I had 3 sweat shirts and a heavy coat and I was still cold...the old myth that you get colder when your older is true.:)

The track announcer said that the agreement was just signed to have the Turkey night at Ventura again next year. Last years race between Bell and Larson was one of the best I have seen. What a show them two put on. Last night I had 3 sweat shirts and a heavy coat and I was still cold...the old myth that you get colder when your older is true.:)
I think it’s colder right now than it was this time last year.
It’s 40 degrees at my house right now.

I think it’s colder right now than it was this time last year.
It’s 40 degrees at my house right now.
I agree. I didn't get cold last year but I think the reason I did last night was probably due to the dampness in the air. I now have a whole new respect for the fans that sit through a football game in the freezing rain or snow...except for the one guy that sits there without his shirt on.:)

oh man that was a long cold nite.the rain and wind didnt make it any better.but great nite of racing,and larson won.nice seeing you.good luck at your race your, cars look cool.on nitromatter i use roscoe37.oh and my friends truck heater did not work on my side coming home

Back
Top Bottom