TV deal?

D

Digger

Well, here we are. Halfway point and still no attempt to get the races on Versus or Comcast.

So ARCAville USA, what do we do now? It took enormous pressure for them to cave and put the races online (live, once with no way to record them or watch them later if you can't be at your computer at a designated time:rolleyes:).

Sounds like it's gonna take more than me, a few drivers and RaceTalkRadio chewing them a new ess whole for them to get with it. So here's my request to you:

Next time you see Ron Dragger or Mark Gundrum wandering around the pits, tell them you want ARCA Racing televised before the series joins ASA and IHRA at rock bottom!!!!:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

I have heard that several of the tracks arent equipped to televise races and they dont have the ability to be made so. That is why we only see the few races that we do on tv.

I know alot of the dirt track coverage we see on speed is just man lifts that get brought in that day and setup, but dont know how well that would work on the arca tracks.

I have heard that several of the tracks arent equipped to televise races and they dont have the ability to be made so. That is why we only see the few races that we do on tv.

I know alot of the dirt track coverage we see on speed is just man lifts that get brought in that day and setup, but dont know how well that would work on the arca tracks.

Iowa, Kentucky, Toledo and Mansfield? They were able to cover these races live last year. :rolleyes:

SPEED has carried several events live from New Jersey Motorsports Park. Are they airing the ARCA New Jersey 150? NO. And they're actually gonna be at the track that week anyways.

Hell, SPEED don't even air half the races live. The CHAMPIONSHIP RACE at Rockingham is being shown 10 hours later, at 11:00pm, on SPEED when nobody is watching.

They've covered Salem, Springfield and DuQuoin live before. The only tracks I don't know about is Berlin.

SPEED's only going to show the bare minimum under contract and then they're gonna dump it when the contract expires so they can fit in more "Pimp My Ride". ARCA needs to look to the future, NOW. SPEED isn't the answer. They need to go dump the cash on Versus' desk. I bet Versus would cover more races for the same amount of money as SPEED and I bet they'd actually do a decent job of covering them.

Iowa, Kentucky, Toledo and Mansfield? They were able to cover these races live last year. :rolleyes:

SPEED has carried several events live from New Jersey Motorsports Park. Are they airing the ARCA New Jersey 150? NO. And they're actually gonna be at the track that week anyways.

Hell, SPEED don't even air half the races live. The CHAMPIONSHIP RACE at Rockingham is being shown 10 hours later, at 11:00pm, on SPEED when nobody is watching.

They've covered Salem, Springfield and DuQuoin live before. The only tracks I don't know about is Berlin.

SPEED's only going to show the bare minimum under contract and then they're gonna dump it when the contract expires so they can fit in more "Pimp My Ride". ARCA needs to look to the future, NOW. SPEED isn't the answer. They need to go dump the cash on Versus' desk. I bet Versus would cover more races for the same amount of money as SPEED and I bet they'd actually do a decent job of covering them.

I have to admit, I figured Speed couldn't put on a professional broadcast from some of the ARCA dumps (for lack of a better word) that NASCAR would never race at such as Salem, Berlin, and the fairground dirt tracks. (I've only been following ARCA closely for 3 or 4 years, there may very well have been broadcasts from them in the past). But I agree, I imagine they could bring in lifts and broadcast a race from just about any track in America.

I don't have Versus, but I can get it on my Dish with a more expensive package. I suppose ARCA would clinch it for me, as I've already been wanting their NHL coverage. And Geez, did you really have to bring up Pimp My Ride? :D

I have to admit, I figured Speed couldn't put on a professional broadcast from some of the ARCA dumps (for lack of a better word) that NASCAR would never race at such as Salem, Berlin, and the fairground dirt tracks. (I've only been following ARCA closely for 3 or 4 years, there may very well have been broadcasts from them in the past). But I agree, I imagine they could bring in lifts and broadcast a race from just about any track in America.

I don't have Versus, but I can get it on my Dish with a more expensive package. I suppose ARCA would clinch it for me, as I've already been wanting their NHL coverage. And Geez, did you really have to bring up Pimp My Ride? :D
Their NHL coverage is so much better than NBC. But TSN airs some of the Versus games. Actually, Versus also direct feeds a lot of TSN games. The only sucky thing is DirecTV blacks out Versus' Capitals coverage and force you to watch on sucky CSN-MA.

Last i knew as well is that the racing series has to pay to air the races. I know the lucas oil dirt car series and woo late models have all said thats the big reason more races arent on tv. Its hard times right now maybe ARCA wants the money in places where it will do more good for the series. I would love to see more ARCA on tv but I also dont want them to go broke because they had to pay for the races to be aired. I hate the mentality that NASCAR is the top dog in racing and everybody has to kiss there ass to get anywhere in stock car racing. I think they would get more viewers showing the short track racing from different series.

Last i knew as well is that the racing series has to pay to air the races. I know the lucas oil dirt car series and woo late models have all said thats the big reason more races arent on tv. Its hard times right now maybe ARCA wants the money in places where it will do more good for the series. I would love to see more ARCA on tv but I also dont want them to go broke because they had to pay for the races to be aired. I hate the mentality that NASCAR is the top dog in racing and everybody has to kiss there ass to get anywhere in stock car racing. I think they would get more viewers showing the short track racing from different series.

Yes, ARCA has to pay for their airtime.

Anyways, I talked to someone last night and they told me ARCA's rethinking the television package now.

Mark Gundrum is useless. He was part of the reason ASA failed and will do the same with ARCA.

Oh yeah, this has been a growing trend in "minor professional" sports for a while now, having to pay for airtime. Here in Buffalo, The local AAA baseball team does it, as do the 3 division 1 basketball schools. On a national scale, I'm quite sure Major League Soccer has to do it, and in auto racing, anything from ARCA and down. I wouldn't doubt the NASCAR truck series isn't having to pay SPEED for airtime. :D

Their NHL coverage is so much better than NBC. But TSN airs some of the Versus games. Actually, Versus also direct feeds a lot of TSN games. The only sucky thing is DirecTV blacks out Versus' Capitals coverage and force you to watch on sucky CSN-MA.

Well, you'd have to think TSN does Hockey better than anyone in the world. :cool: I actually did get a couple months of VERSUS hockey coverage, I only switched from cable to dish about 2 years ago. I could look it up, but I'm feeling lazy. What other Auto racing am I missing on Versus this year?

Well, you'd have to think TSN does Hockey better than anyone in the world. :cool: I actually did get a couple months of VERSUS hockey coverage, I only switched from cable to dish about 2 years ago. I could look it up, but I'm feeling lazy. What other Auto racing am I missing on Versus this year?
Versus airs the IndyCar Series races and they air the Lucas Oil Motorsports Hour everyday and several times on weekends. If you get an expanded sports package, some of the FOX Sports Net stations air "Inside Drag Racing", USARacing Pro Cup Series and the ASA Southeast Asphalt Tour.

Although I've gotta say Masters TV, who does the Pro Cup races, sucks! Crappy production and crappy coverage.

It's better than nothing I guess.:eek:

Although I've gotta say Masters TV, who does the Pro Cup races, sucks! Crappy production and crappy coverage.

It's better than nothing I guess.:eek:

I have not watched one of their shows, but without seeing it I can't blame them for it too much. They have 30 minutes(probably more like 22 minutes with out commercials) to fit a whole 250 lap race. I can't imagine even the best production company being able make that coverage very good.

Back
Top Bottom