Twice around the clock: 24 Hours of Le Mans

S

SuperTex14

EDIT: Sorry ya'll, I meant to start this in the Sports Car Racing forum, but forgot where I was. I've requested assistance from the mods, but just in case, please forgive the error.
ST14

Along with multi-platform streaming, Marshall Pruett and John Dagys have complete SPEED.com coverage from Le Mans as well, including race blogs, video updates, photos, social media content and a watch module. A feed is also going to be streamed to SPEED’s Facebook page, iPads and IPhones (U.S. & Canada only).

2013 Le Mans 24 Hours
(All Times Eastern; Schedule Subject To Change)

Saturday, June 22
Le Mans 24 Hours (The Start) 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (SPEED; Live)
Le Mans 24 Hours 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (SPEED.com; Live)
Sprint Cup Series Qual. (Sonoma) 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (SPEED; Live)
Le Mans 24 Hours 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (SPEED; Live)
Le Mans 24 Hours 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (SPEED.com; Live)
SPEED Center 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (SPEED; Live)
Le Mans 24 Hours 7:30 p.m. – Midnight (SPEED; Live)

Sunday, Jan. 23
Le Mans 24 Hours (The Finish) Midnight – 9:30 a.m. (SPEED; Live)

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/speed-speedcom-plan-live-continuous-lm24-coverage/

I'm following LM24 on facebook and been keeping an eye there. Unfortunately, this racing 18 consecutive weekends thing keeps me from seeing the starts, but maybe I can catch the overnight action and ending. I like the night racing better than day racing, but harder to follow when there's an 8+ hour time difference. We'll probably get home around 2AM sunday morning so I can at least catch the last 5 hours.

I've watched some of the other World Endurance Championship (i.e. LMP, etc) races on live feed through this site (link below), some of the best coverage I've seen anywhere - online, TV, anywhere. But it looks like you'll have other things on your mind, like cutting a light. Good luck!

http://www.fiawec.com/races/24-heures-du-mans.html

Thanks for the timeline, I try and watch LM24 each year but missed it the past couple years. Night time part is the best, I love the lights on those LMP cars.

Maybe Audi R18's will have a repeat win?

GT pro is going to be the class I am going to try to keep up with. Porsche is back, Austin Martin, Viper, Ferrari, Corvette all have factory backed teams this year. Go Viper and Vette!!

Yeah that's pretty bad, i missed that and I turned on the TV to see a full course yellow for almost an hour and kept wondering what happened.

Looks like he lost control when he got both left side tires on the painted, wet rumble strips on the exit of the turn. TV showed a very large tree outside of the armco being repaired that had fresh damage, looked like he hit it very hard.

RIP Allan...

Watching the in-car of these guys going 200+ in the middle of the night has to be one of the most thrilling things you can experience from the comfort of your couch.

That, and the sound the 'vettes make roaring out of the pits!

This is why all courses should have safer barriers. There is no excuse in this day and age not to have them and he would have survived that wreck if they had them. Such a shame. R.I.P.

Looks like this isn't Audi's year but things may change in the next 12 hours. Those Toyotas are looking badass and so are the Vettes.

PS- I'm still laughing, someone mooned on live TV, bunch of drunks.

This is why all courses should have safer barriers. There is no excuse in this day and age not to have them and he would have survived that wreck if they had them. Such a shame. R.I.P.
8 mile course on public roads..this isn't a full time track. They do the best that they can, they have taken out the high speed straight years ago and improved safety on the track and in the cars.

8 mile course on public roads..this isn't a full time track. They do the best that they can, they have taken out the high speed straight years ago and improved safety on the track and in the cars.

I understand all that but with the technology they have today there shouldn't be any reason that a company can't make temporary fences with safer barrier type walls. Money reasons is just an excuse. NHRA also pisses me off because they should have safer barriers as well. I'm just tired of all the nonsense excuses because to me it is a joke that these racing sanctions refuse to use safer walls when the technology exists simply because it costs too much yet these companies are making tons of cash. We all bitch about what NASCAR does wrong but they always at least attempt to make things safer.

PS- I'm still laughing, someone mooned on live TV, bunch of drunks.
I saw that, and was surprised they thought it wise to send someone into the 'wine garden' in the middle of the night. They did say that they thought about not doing the live shot because of what happened in the race earlier, but went ahead anyway. I think the guy speaking Dutch slipped something past the censors, too. We thought it was pretty funny.

I like the side-panel position indicator lights that show if that car is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their class. They would work in other forms of racing, too.

I used to imagine that cars' numbers could change to indicate their place in the race. No way to sell those in the merch circus, though.

Audi still managed to pull it off despite the problems they had, I'm impressed.

It was also fascinating how the pit rule works, you can't do tires at the same time as the car/fuel maintenance.

6 hours of safety car in a 24 hour race....wow...I think that's a new record...

Back
Top Bottom