Two crew chiefs step down

P

pettyfan4life

Two crew chiefs step down
ThatsRacin.com Report
Sammy Johns is out as crew chief for the No. 19 Dodges driven by Jeremy Mayfield. Johns will remain at Evernham Motorsports to work on research and development projects. No new crew chief was named. Team owner Ray Evernham will make the pit strategy calls for Mayfield this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway.

Meanwhile, Teddy Brown has resigned as crew chief for BAM Racing, which fields the No. 49 Dodges that Shawna Robinson and Ron Hornaday have driven this year. Hornaday will drive the car at Chicagoland. Brown said he was leaving the team to explore other options in racing

I think it is about time that they made some changes to Shawna's crew, they need somebody in there that will be ablr to help Shawna out more. Hopefully Jeremy will get a new crew chief that he can connect with and they can start to have good runs, I like Mayfield hopefully this will be a change for the better.

Mayfield will have a better than middling strategist calling the shots for him with Evernham filling in. The team could use a good run, who is available right now to become full time CC?

As for BAM, the problems are many. Betcha Ron had to take a very deep breath before issuing the BAM PR statement regarding this weeks race at ChicagoLand:

Ron Hornaday has competed in both the NASCAR Busch and Winston Cup Series races at the Chicagoland Speedway. He started 22nd and finished 16th in the Busch Series race and started the 16th in the Winston Cup race, only to have a top-5 run end with engine failure and a 40th place finish. Hornaday admits the track presents unique challenges but believes he and the BAM Racing Dodge are ready for battle.

According to Hornaday, "It is a fast race track that only had one racing groove last year, so track position really paid off. I am hoping by the time we start the race on Sunday, that we will be able to run two grooves, which will make for some great racing. So it should be a pretty tough race. I like this racetrack and know that this BAM Racing Team is capable of finishing in the top-15, so I am really looking forward to getting to Chicago this weekend."

I like Mayfield and hope he finds someone to click with. His home town is not very far from here. He can drive that car and needs to have some top finishes!:)

Back
Top Bottom