Two movies dealing with child abduction

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
I recently watched two movies that dealt with child abductions with two totally different scenarios. The first one I watched was "Trade", staring Kevin Kline and dealt with the abduction of a Mexican 13 year old who was destined for the US as a sex slave. The movie was entertaining yet violent, but had a good message. I never realized that even today the sex trade in this country is worse than I thought. What's worse is that it really isn't much of a priority with the law. The problem is that it's much worse outside the US and it's huge money so the government prefers to go after the "big dealers" rather than helping out any single victims. Has a good ending and it makes you feel good.

The other movie, "Gone Baby Gone" deals with the disappearance of a child of a single drug using mother in the big city. This movie tears at your emotions and morals. The family of a missing five year old hires a private detective to help solve her whereabouts. He and his girlfriend work with the police, in this case Ed Harris and his partner who work for the captain, played by Morgan Freeman. The ending of this movie is good AND bad at the same time. In both movies, the children are saved but it's what happens afterward that sets them apart. Again, nothing happens to the children, it's all about the adults.

I enjoyed Trade just as good. The interaction between Kevin Kline's charactor and a young Mexican boy who is trying to find his sister is classic. They are so different yet they work together.

Back
Top Bottom