Unbelievable

P

PenskeGirl

News story taken from the Drudge Report....

Time Warner to charge flood victims for cable boxes
Associated Press

SAN ANTONIO - Flood victims whose cable converters were destroyed during this month's heavy rains are being charged $300 for the damaged boxes by the company, officials said today.

Karen Hartley, vice president for marketing and communications at Time Warner, said it is the company's policy to bill for damaged boxes, which are leased from the cable company.

"We are sympathetic to them," she told the San Antonio Express-News. "But we are going to charge them for their boxes."

The policy is upsetting some whose homes were flooded.

Dannielle Guerra said his parents are being charged $600 for two ruined boxes. They lost their Canyon Lake home and now live in a trailer.

"I'm just appalled that a company such as Time Warner would expect this (payment)," Guerra said. "If we damaged it ourselves, I could completely understand, but it was damaged by a flood."

Hartley said that so far, she has received about five calls reporting damaged boxes. She said customers who suffered flood damage can have their homes rewired free of charge, but they must pay for the converters.

"People have their boxes stolen," she said. "It would be really hard to treat one person differently than another. If someone is robbed, that's not their fault either."

:mad:

Amazing. Guess if I'm ever flooded I'll leave the family Bible and grab the damn cable box.

If they have Insurance they should turn this in,If they don't they are responsible for the equipment.I bet the cable co. start trying to sell you ins.for things like this in the future.:(

what a rip off those people will probly have to replace many other things in the house like carpet and maybe furnature that $300 could really help them out.
I know i used t live in a place that flooded and after the first big one had to replqace everything including the drywall.after that we learned to put as much of the stuff up that we could so that it would not ret ruined.

we don't have a box but we do have cable?? most people here in the country don't have a box and the people in the city do but we are all on the same company??

Originally posted by 97forever
Now THAT is why I bootleg cable!A box??Who needs one!:headshake

Originally posted by Lap3Forever  
thats why you bootleg the whole damn system.

As ONJ sang in the movie Grease - "Tell me more, tell me more, tell me more..."

:)

run a cable line for your nabors house. underground to your house. with the box i relly dont know a bout that. since we have a cop on the board this is a dont ask dont tell post...:D ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom