Under God?

No question avaiable to import.

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like that cartoon Kat.............Keep "Under God", I say GOD YES.

Keep it.......we were founded with God very much in the minds of our founders!! 9th circuit court can go to hell for all I care!!

Keep it.

The mother of the schoolgirl in question recently made a statement that they are a practicing Christian family, and that her daughter's father (who does not have custody of the child) misled the court. If she's Christian, then she couldn't have been "damaged" by the recitation of the Pledge. If there's no injured party, there's no lawsuit.

Oh well... :nyanya:

Keep it!!! Why should one person tell a whole Nation how to pledge to their Country!

This is a paraphrase only and I don't remember from whom.

Dear Mr Justice, I seem to remember that you took your oath of judgeship on a Bible, Swore to God to uphold the Laws of our country and the "One Nation Under God", you get paid with currency that also says "In God We Trust", so this makes your decision and your job worth ****.

Oh and guys, that cartoon WAS posted by TRL and I saved it.

:bleh: on democraticunderground.com

This is the real Democratic underground: :p

well, whether you like the site or not, i still sya that the article is right - on

Originally posted by 6_17_97_99
i don't care if it is left in the pledge but we need to not make anyone say it, let it be a true vountary show of patriotism, rather than type out my opinion, i will just post a link to the article i wholheartedly agree with...http://www.democraticunderground.com/artic.../09_pledge.html

i looked at that and what the heck is it saying?

This country would be in a lot better shape if it were MORE "under God".

Do any of you know the history and original wording of the Pledge of Allegiance? If not, you can read about it here

Nothing personal 6,17,97,99...But, that is exactly the kind of crap that is wrong with our society today. Criticizing someone for wanting to recite the pledge is beyond stupid. When we were the United States and people refered to themselves as Americans (not "african-american" "chinese-american" etc) being patriotic was concidered a good thing. To most of us, it still is!

Originally posted by ghettozoe03
where would this country be w/o him? keep it!!!!

Zoe, you right, but the way things are going with the country now, you'd think we've shut Him out for years.........

Maybe we have....

But, they added those words.

I believe we need to be more unified in these times...but bickering about words isn't going to do anything.

If they remove it, then so be it. Your patriotism or religion won't be any less will it?

That is interesting PH. I didn't realize it has already gone through so many changes.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin
Nothing personal 6,17,97,99...But, that is exactly the kind of crap that is wrong with our society today. Criticizing someone for wanting to recite the pledge is beyond stupid. When we were the United States and people refered to themselves as Americans (not "african-american" "chinese-american" etc) being patriotic was concidered a good thing. To most of us, it still is!
im not critisizing people for reciting the pledge, on the contrary, i am critizing those same people for forcing others to say it whether they mean and understand it or not, i belive the pledge should be purely voluntary, say it whenever and however you like, but make it a show of patriotism, rather than someone rattling off words they don't understand,or don't believe in

Originally posted by Lap3Forever

i looked at that and what the heck is it saying?
basically, the main points in it are...And you also know that it would be far too much to ask our politicians to move to a truly voluntary pledge, not one sanctioned by looming authority figures like teachers and schools. They would never simply leave the flags around so that anybody who wants to pledge could do so voluntarily and...Of course that would make all pledges true expressions of patriotism ­ as opposed to empty, memorized recitation that we're all so familiar with. On the downside it would deprive us of those inspiring scenes of school children standing beside their desks with their hands on the hearts mouthing words that they never think about and barely comprehend. and...But let's face it. In the current political atmosphere that simply isn't going to happen. We have evildoers to fight and you simply can't let our kids decide when and where and (shudder) if they want to express their patriotism. You know that the pols are going to make you make the kids pledge because, after all, this is the land of the free ...there..:)

There just words who cares if they are in there are not, if you don't want to say it, don't say it.

My original point was that the guy bringing the lawsuit may not have a case after all. If his daughter is a practicing Christian, then she couldn't have been injured by the Pledge. If it wasn't for him, the Pledge would have been left as it's been for the past fifty years.

No, we don't NEED the word "God" in it, but I also don't believe that the presence of the word suggests any one religious affiliation in particular. The father is just a troublemaker who wants to impose his atheism on the rest of the country. Are we now supposed to take God off of all U.S. currency, and out of the President's inaugural pledge? Will there be a movement to stop forcing witnesses to swear on bibles? Will churches and synagogues be forced to remove religious references and symbols from their facades, so that impressionable young people won't be unduly influenced as they walk by? These people won't be happy until the vast American landscape has been secularized into a godless, empty bowl of mush.

By the way, I'm an atheist. ;)

Well, considering that the wife is an almost full blood Cherokee Woman, I am reminded daily that my ancestors are the intruders here, not hers. She is by the way a very patriotic American.

So whether you care for the words of the pledge or not, try to remember that there was a strong and powerful nation on these shores long before the colonist showed up.

Majority have spoken,Thats the great thing about this country.That Judge got what he was after,Attention,and 5 Minutes of fame. :rolleyes:

71Fan, you've got that right. All the flag waving, hardcore hoo-rah Americans often forget that when they are trying to stiffle the display of any other types of pride, be it religion, nationality or creed.

And pb, you've got that right too. The 9th DC is a haven for media hungry judges.

Originally posted by paul
71Fan, you've got that right.  All the flag waving, hardcore hoo-rah Americans often forget that when they are trying to stiffle the display of any other types of pride, be it religion, nationality or creed.

And pb, you've got that right too.  The 9th DC is a haven for media hungry judges.

Who exactly is trying to stifle what? I have no problem with any of that. For goodness' sake, I live in a city that has at least two major gay pride parades a year! Haven't you noticed that just about anything flies in this country?

Except God, of course. :rolleyes:

well, this country was founded on GODly principles and it is my opinion that if it wasnt, the people that signed their names, woud not have had the courage or strength or comfort to sign their names. remember, all these people knew they were going to probably pay with their life for signing. AND THEY DID!(look up the history of the signers) all these people were not just lowly rebels or something, they were very prominent and successful individuals that had a lot of material things to lose for stepping up to the plate. i wonder if these people were going to die over their beliefs without any further purpose, would they still be so vocal? this is just my opinion and i would die fighting for their opinions and beliefs even though i disagree with them. thats america:)

you know having it in there what has it hurt ? why change it now?its been in there for how many years and years.....i say leave it .:)

Keep it!!! I'm tired of a handful of people trying to force their beliefs on the rest of us and go about changing what this country was founded on!

GOD BLESS THE USA!!

Back
Top Bottom