Unofficial rate the Knoxville truck race thread

It was entertaining for all the wrong reasons

Entertainment value -> 10 (that was hysterical)

Racing (when not wrecking) ->7

Race overall ->2

Knoxville just isn't suited for closed wheeled cars, it was a track designed for sprint cars through and through and it showed..

Unless we see a return to Eldora (Which actually was capable of putting on a decent show for stock cars), which is probably never happening again, maybe we shouldn't see any more NASCAR dirt races

Wow. Those are only three ratings but they're pretty consistent. There's some pretty harsh stuff over in the race thread. 11:45 and four GWCs?

If short-track lovin' Andy gives it a 1, I think I didn't miss much.

Last edited:
Our beloved Knoxville... Seldom disappoints , but I'd rate that as a total waste of time and effort. 0. wish the top side would've came in

Really a sad night for the trucks at Knoxville. One thing that really shocked me was the attendance compared to Eldora.
Going to give the race a 2.

poor track prep,
the end was as painful as watching a suffering animal die.

0. That was a joke of a race and was supposed to be a shining moment for the series running for the first time at this prestigious venue. Instead the drivers made a mockery of it, plus the track wasn't maintained through the night and it all just fell apart at the seams. I hope they don't go back next year.

The only negative was it became too much of a one groove. Top groove lasted the first 10-11 laps and then was gone. In the past, the sodium chloride treatments worked to keep the top groove at least equal to the bottom. Cannot help but think that there was some "greenie" politics played, The Outlaws do not care, maybe NASCAR now being "woke" does.

Last edited:
not really. At Eldora they worked the track during the breaks. They didn't do anything at Knoxville.
Knoxville works the track during breaks when the Outlaws run and during the intermission on the weekly shows. Why not when NASCAR runs? do not know

You'd think with 40 heavy ground-pounders running a 150 lap main event it might have occurred to them.
Believe there was more going on than that. But you make a point...1500# vs 3500# big difference.

3, that's the best I can do.

Just watched it, thought it was a good show. The racing was great and wrecks obviously are part of the sport from time to time. I was told this is how old Bristol raced like.
And we will see more dirt races as Bristol has already been confirmed for 2022.

I'll give it a 9.

Back
Top Bottom