Unto the world, a new Camry is born....

How fast is that new Camry? I bet my 1997 Buick Park Avenue could give it a run :D

For what it's worth, the new model Camry looks a lot cooler than the older generations

How fast is that new Camry? I bet my 1997 Buick Park Avenue could give it a run :D

For what it's worth, the new model Camry looks a lot cooler than the older generations
The last one Camry I rented,I would bet on the Buick.It was white with the biggest black grile on a car I've ever seen.

Before the Gen-6 came out Chevy tested the SS like that:

Chevrolet-SS-NASCAR-prototype.jpg

NASCAR-Inline2.jpg

Yup, forgot about that.

I am not sure I would bet real money on that:laugh:, now, if your Park Avenue had the L36 Naturally Aspirated Series II V6, then the Camry on paper would be quicker , your Park Avenue wieghs in at between 3,778–3,884 lb and the L36 has 205 Horse Power and 230 lb·ft, and as a Power To Weight ratio of 68.3333333333

The comparable Camry weighs in( I chose the heavier one) 3,420 lb, with the 3.5 L 2GR-FE V6 , that has 268hp, and 248 lb·ft , the Power to Weight ratio is 89.3333333333.

Now of course, that is all mute if you had the Supercharged L67 motor.

Last edited:
Fascinating that Ford and Chevy of course knew about the Camry development, but kept it a secret in the spirit of good sportsmanship. Props to them. I would like to see all manufacturers reveal their NASCAR race cars at the NAIAS alongside their production counterparts. I thought the Toyota presentation was extremely cool.

;)

It's a Park Avenue "Ultra" with the L67. This is the 5th L67-powered car I've owned. They were pretty quick for their time
Funny enough, going by what the Horse power rating for the L67, the Camry V6 still has more HP, I think by 10.

280 torque for a stock L67 so it's still pretty comparable.

I'm honestly surprised the Camry doesn't weigh more. Seems like most midsize cars nowadays are almost 4k.

Back
Top Bottom