US Grand Prix at COTA

Daniel is quite the crowd pleaser. Time to get in COTA mode.
Going to be hot and dry all weekend. Hoping for some excitement
but have a queezy feeling it may be a snoozer. With Max already the champion,
I guess I will jump on the Ferrari bandwagon the rest of the season.
It would also be great if both Haas' got points this weekend.

Hoping for a good outing on home soil for Sargeant, certainly wouldn’t hurt his case for the second Williams seat for next season.

FP1
Just wow. Antonio Giov. does 3 1/2 laps in a test hour
with Haas and in the wall it goes. If I am Gene , I am
thinking about a mgt change. Ive been a Gunther
fan but its time.

FP1
Just wow. Antonio Giov. does 3 1/2 laps in a test hour
with Haas and in the wall it goes. If I am Gene , I am
thinking about a mgt change. Ive been a Gunther
fan but its time.
I think this particular session was a favor to Ferrari but Gio definitely shouldn’t be in contention for that seat next year.

I'm still trying to figure out how Hülkenberg is in contention for the second Haas seat over Mick.
Hulkenberg is a safe, solid fourth place finisher most of the time. That would be a superstar performance in a Haas.

The part I can't figure out is why Hass kept letting Grosjean tear up a car every week or so but Mick crashing one or two might cost him his job.

Mateschitz was one of a kind, but he leaves a hell of a legacy behind him. No one has ever even remotely approached how much Mateschitz did for extreme sports. Some of it was goofey, but most of it was some pretty scary sports. A lot of it was just awesome.

As far as his legacy in F1, Mateschitz is probably the last privateer. Respect.

Respect for Mateschitz. RIP.

Is it to early to ask how this will effect the F1 team going forward.
I don’t think so, supposedly selling a large stake to Porsche was in part because of the considerations of Mateschitz before the manufacturer started asking for too much control. It’d be awfully hard to imagine F1 without Red Bull and I hope they remain invested in the sport for years to come.

I don’t think so, supposedly selling a large stake to Porsche was in part because of the considerations of Mateschitz before the manufacturer started asking for too much control. It’d be awfully hard to imagine F1 without Red Bull and I hope they remain invested in the sport for years to come.
Hopefully whomever inherits Red Bull is as crazy as Dieter. I mean crazy in a good way that nothing is impossible if you throw enough money at it. What Dieter did for extreme sports is nothing short of amazing.

An example was the failure of the Red Bull air racing series. Once the series started to lose entries, Red Bull stepped up and sponsored several planes. They were paying to put on the event, and they were paying for some of the planes too. They still went broke, but Dieter kept throwing money at it, because that's how important sport is to them.

I still don't like some of the things Red Bull does, and I find Horner's trash talk annoying, but there is no doubt Dieter Mateschitz had one of the biggest hearts in sport. I hope his influence is not lost. Now Red Bull has to live up to that, but Dieter put those people there to begin with. I doubt the new owner will have the same vision, but I am hopeful.

Hulkenberg is a safe, solid fourth place finisher most of the time. That would be a superstar performance in a Haas.

The part I can't figure out is why Hass kept letting Grosjean tear up a car every week or so but Mick crashing one or two might cost him his job.
They cost cap now is very tight.

They cost cap now is very tight.
Haas’s issue has been more budget than budget cap, they just haven’t had money to spend until this new sponsor they locked down for 2023. But yeah, they’re not in a spot to have too many incidents. You’d think they’d eventually tire of Magnussen damaging his front wing the first lap of each race too though.

The pre-race show has been quite entertaining. Hope the race can equal it at least.

Yikes, I still think the guy in back and passing (Alonso)
is more in control of his own fate at that speed.

That could of been nasty.

I think it was a mistake. If the hard tire was better than Red Bull and Ferrari would have chosen it too.

Back
Top Bottom