US Grand Prix at COTA

Crikey! Sloppy move at the start from Russell, he’s been a bit clumsy recently. Fortunate to get away with only a 5-second penalty.

Likewise for Stroll with only a 3-spot grid drop next week for such a dangerously braindead move in defense. I can’t believe Alonso‘a car survived at all, and somehow well enough to finish 7th.

Great to see a true battle between Max and Lewis again, sorely missing this season. More of that again next season, please.

Fantastic closing stint by Seb to grab 4 points after the abysmal pit stop as well. That last-lap scrap with Kevin was awesome.

Russell has some work to do on his wheel to wheel driving.

Outside of that, he's been pretty good.

Good to see Haas in the points, but once again they missed the mark with Mick. Got bounced into by Latifi and ruined his race.

Alonso with a stellar drive, Vettel, Norris, and Albon gave it a good go this weekend.

Likewise for Stroll with only a 3-spot grid drop next week for such a dangerously braindead move in defense. I can’t believe Alonso‘a car survived at all, and somehow well enough to finish 7th.

That move could have killed someone and it was deliberate. If I'm race director Lance gets his license suspended.

Great to see a true battle between Max and Lewis again, sorely missing this season. More of that again next season, please.
Great to see Lewis given a car he can fight with. I hope he can pick off a win this year.

I've been vocal enough about the chopping, blocking, swerving, and running the other guy off the road, and we have seen so little of that this year it has been a huge improvement. I hope they penalize Stroll and underline how unacceptable this kind of thing is.

This was pretty close to what Mags did to leClerc a few years ago at Suzuka. The difference was that at the time Leclerc was nobody and this time it was Fernando freaking Alonso. Virtually the same accident until it happened to a front runner.

Don't forget that JV managed to retire his BAR car 11 times back in 1999, so I wouldn't take that too seriously.
I'm not sure his car's unreliability then lessens the importance of what he is saying now.

We don't want to wait for someone to get killed by this kind of stupid behavior. We need to call it out now.

Plus, there were all kinds of penalties handed
out after the race. I just yawned cause we
already have a champ.

I saw on TV where they stated 440,000 people at this race, WOW, :oops: that has to be a record for a race.
They had 440,000 people over the weekend, the Indy 500 still has a biggest crowd of any race in the world.
Alpine won the protest of the protest of the protest (or something like that) and Alonso got his spot back last night, btw.
Idk why he was penalized in the first place. Stroll moved on the straightaway and gave Alonso no chance to avoid.

Not sure about the penalty for Russell either.

They had 440,000 people over the weekend, the Indy 500 still has a biggest crowd of any race in the world.

Idk why he was penalized in the first place. Stroll moved on the straightaway and gave Alonso no chance to avoid.

Not sure about the penalty for Russell either.
It was to do with Alonso’s mirror that was flapping around afterwards and then fell off eventually, Haas protested that and Perez’s wing end plate that came off since Magnussen has gotten called into the pits like three times this year to repair damage. Ultimately they just decided they’re going to use the meatball flag less unless something is an actual danger I guess.

Back
Top Bottom