USAC 2022

T-Mez dominates, building a large margin after every caution and winning over Brady Bacon and Cannon McIntosh.

Justin Grant wins the $10,000 night two at Du Quoin, over Chance Crum and Daniel Robinson. Meseraull was leading early but tangled with a lapped car.

Bacon and McIntosh got together and both spun out while racing for second around lap 30 of 40. That was interesting, they were all over each other last night too.

Last edited:
That sucks. The truth about these tire samples seems as clear as mud. It is strange that all four samples from four different teams failed in the same way.
Weird things happen with tires for sure, the Indoor TQ midgets series that runs 3 races around here in the winter ended up DQing 2 out of 3 winners this season weeks after the races due to tire samples. I don't know enough about tires to have any idea what's going on.

Screenshot_20220331-231046_Facebook.jpg

That sucks. The truth about these tire samples seems as clear as mud. It is strange that all four samples from four different teams failed in the same way.

Scrolling through Twitter, this seems like a pretty big mess. I hadn't even heard that this was brewing, but the fallout doesn't seem ideal for USAC.

The overriding implication is that USAC is playing favorites and taking care of the regulars by looking the other way. There is a history of this feeling among teams and drivers that aren't in the inner circle. However, I do find this to be an unusual situation, and I'm not sure what the truth of the matter is.

I guess so far one large team and one small team has left? Nothing about the midget series having that problem because KKM isn't talking about pulling out of that series. hmm, might be a personality clash to boot.

At a very slow moving show at Bridgeport Speedway for the USAC East Coast Sprints. Based off heats it will be Alex Bright vs Briggs Danner

And it was until Bright broke with 6 to go Briggs Danner picks up the win

Big field approaching 40 cars entered in this one at the newly renovated Terre Haute.

Christner and Sullivan need to pay a little more attention to the battle up front and what is on the viewers' screen.

This is some great racing. Lots of movers and shakers through the field. Kofoid looking faster and faster as the race goes on, and Emerson Axsom putting on a show from deep in the field in his first Silver Crown race. Also nice to see Jerry Coons Jr. again.

Now race-long leader C.J. Leary has a flat and will be coming from the back.

Kofoid looked like he was in control and set to win in his debut, then ends up upside down with 14 laps to go. Apparently there may have been broken suspension on the car. That sets up a shootout, Coons inherits the lead.

Grant takes the lead back from Coons on late restart and wins. Very good race overall.

1. Justin Grant
2. Jerry Coons Jr.
3. Brady Bacon
4. Logan Seavey
5. Emerson Axsom

Brady Bacon dominates the sprints at Lakeside to win over Robert Ballou and Emerson Axsom.

As with Lakeside, I-70 was the Ballou and Bacon show, but this time in that order. I-70 remains quite the speed palace, as these non-winged cars look bad fast there.

Back
Top Bottom