USAC news

Wow! Abreu had done a fine job of keeping Seavey behind him countering those sliders, and then Seavey got a perfect run in 3 and 4 on the final lap. Great finish.

You can listen live for free if you download the USAC app, or watch live (PPV) on SpeedShiftTV.

This is a blast from the past. Iconic racing promoter pic at the top, could be his son or relative signed it up at the top, maybe somebody here knows the deal, Mel Kenyon driving what looks like a pancake VW engine.

Looks like around 30 cars for the feature pretty cool

Yeah, 26 spots were earned through the qualifying and races, and then there were a few USAC provisionals for series regulars.

The racing between Larson, Bell, and Boat up front was about as good as you could possibly expect. Better than most Chili Bowl A-Mains. It was cool to see Gluck, Matt Weaver, etc. following it on Twitter and exposing their followers to the race. Social media can provide a big visibility boost to this level of racing.

Larson popping Bell in the headers the last lap, I got a kick out of that. Bell wasn't coming off of that bottom groove for nobody. Larson said the top groove in three and four was taking rubber and Bell got around him when they were passing a lapper..lights out.

Nice, I bet it is even better than last year fixing some of the kinks from last year.

I went both days this year. I honestly don't think there is too much that needs fixing. The "pursuit race" from the first night wasn't the best. Would be better to just have a normal feature instead.
Otherwise, the only real issue was out of their control, it rained hard and all day the main day, so they had to cancel a lot of the qualifying races. They had a curfew, so that couldn't be helped.
The only other thing i would change as a fan is how much it costs. That was an extremely pricey event. Those were the highest priced tickets i've had for a single day dirt race. I think the main day alone for upper reserved grandstand seats was like $55, plus the parking was like $10 or $15 per day. I personally won't be very likely to go again because its just too expensive. A normal 1 day USAC show usually costs around $20 or $25. This show wasn't double as good as a normal USAC show IMO.
Very cool event though, I do hope that they keep it going for years. Highly recommended experience. Just for me, experiencing it once was enough.

Back
Top Bottom