USAC The BC39

1695946655532.png

So I'm assuming they had a draw here? I've had company and lost track, no pun intended
Oh man, just ignore pretty much who wins all the heats and features for the first two nights. Present a race promoter with a field of 50+ cards and they can't help but make it impossibly dense to understand. They get points by passing based on their position vs. where they started and something-something. All you need to pay attention to is who is making their way forwards getting by people. That's all that matters until they get to the features.

(well, not heats and features; i misspoke, but heats and qualifiers, yes, can be ignored in results generally, see also; chili bowl)

I think every year they run the dirt track at IMS, I'm pleased with how good the action is. I hope we get more races in 2024 there - would be a cool place for Flo to televise a marquee 410 race under whatever the High Limit name will be next year. TMez also completely spun that dude. C'mon.

This semi feature is reminding me I picked Preston Lattomus in the Chili Bowl pool one of the last couple of years and needless to say I did not finish in the money.
My wife cut his hair one time. He's not bad but not ready to compete on a national level.

So they have Ford or Toyota power?
Pretty much anyone who builds an engine to the specs, which are also a lot wider than you'd probably expect. You gotta understand part of the game in this world is that when the touring guys run race tracks each week, those tracks often have locals who also race midgets and they'll compete with the big boys on their home turf. The rule book has to accommodate people at pretty much all financial levels.

So they have Ford or Toyota power? I'm so confused lol
Back in the 70's when I went to my first midget race they were running Chevy V8's cut in half, VW's Ford Pinto motors, 4 cylinder Chevy 2 motors, it was pretty cool walking around in the pits.

One of the clips I posted in the misc thread had T-Mez talking about the various motors they run and the rough costs. The yota motor is the cheapest and to run one of Kuntz's Toyota rent a racer costs around 300,000 a season turn key truck, crew and all.

Pretty much anyone who builds an engine to the specs, which are also a lot wider than you'd probably expect. You gotta understand part of the game in this world is that when the touring guys run race tracks each week, those tracks often have locals who also race midgets and they'll compete with the big boys on their home turf. The rule book has to accommodate people at pretty much all financial levels.
That's pretty much the same around here also,a late model stock basically is the same in most of the states and when a touring series comes through the local guys can run with them.

hope Jade doesnt get down on herself. shes awesome!

Back
Top Bottom