USAR at LAngley

D

Digger

They just had the best finish ever! They were FOUR WIDE across the stripe! :eek2:

So I take it you enjoyed Langley? Did you get credentials through USAR?
I got them through the speedway -- they said we're welcome back anytime. I might make a few more trips down there this year for a modified race or 2. :growl:

Honestly, I love Hampton Roads. It's a beautiful area. :)

I can get credentials through USAR though. They've got races in Radford and South Boston this year, unfortunately it takes me 5 hours to get to both. :mad:

I was just looking at some results for USAR this year. They've been getting some pretty bad fields, 17 cars showed up at Winchester. Only 13 have been in the first four races. I remember a few years ago when they were still doing the North/South split there were some races where they had to send some cars home so many showed up. I think it is only a matter of time before this series is gone. None of the old sponsors are interested in it. There doesn't seem to be much interest in it at all anymore. It has been getting way worse ever since 2006 when the main guy at Hooters died, they obviously were doing big cuts on the series budget ever since they. I guess the new owners of Hooters, his family or whoever, must have not liked Hooters Pro Cup.

I was just looking at some results for USAR this year. They've been getting some pretty bad fields, 17 cars showed up at Winchester. Only 13 have been in the first four races. I remember a few years ago when they were still doing the North/South split there were some races where they had to send some cars home so many showed up. I think it is only a matter of time before this series is gone. None of the old sponsors are interested in it. There doesn't seem to be much interest in it at all anymore. It has been getting way worse ever since 2006 when the main guy at Hooters died, they obviously were doing big cuts on the series budget ever since they. I guess the new owners of Hooters, his family or whoever, must have not liked Hooters Pro Cup.

They're going to be signing a new title sponsor in a few weeks. EVERY race is nationally televised on CSN/FSN. And the crowd at Langley was fantastic. It's not doom and gloom for USAR.

They're going to be signing a new title sponsor in a few weeks. EVERY race is nationally televised on CSN/FSN. And the crowd at Langley was fantastic. It's not doom and gloom for USAR.

I hope you are right about them getting a sponsor. Their TV deal sucks though, i'm sure it is the 1 hour highlights version and when is it on? I like the series though so I hope they start doing better, and get more cars to show up.

I hope you are right about them getting a sponsor. Their TV deal sucks though, i'm sure it is the 1 hour highlights version and when is it on? I like the series though so I hope they start doing better, and get more cars to show up.
From my understanding, they have 2 hours with FOX Sports Net, not one hour. It's on Sunday mornings at 10:30 I think. I know they're airing the Hampton Virginia 250 on July 18th at 10:30 am.

USAR did not like the Versus package at all. They said they had to cut too much out to fit in to an hour. Plus, USAR controls the production now.

I'd much rather see the races on Versus. I think they do a much better job covering any sports event than most of the other networks.

From my understanding, they have 2 hours with FOX Sports Net, not one hour. It's on Sunday mornings at 10:30 I think. I know they're airing the Hampton Virginia 250 on July 18th at 10:30 am.

USAR did not like the Versus package at all. They said they had to cut too much out to fit in to an hour. Plus, USAR controls the production now.

I'd much rather see the races on Versus. I think they do a much better job covering any sports event than most of the other networks.

The final year on Speed they were 1 hour also. Most of their long time drivers lost their sponsors so i don't know. It is a lot cheaper to run that series this year(because there are a lot less races) but still most of the former teams aren't running anymore.

"Concord, N.C. (June 25, 2009) – (FSN) has developed a ten (10) week series of 30-minute television program highlighting the greatest racing in America. The USARacing Pro Cup Series (formally the Hooters Pro Cup Series) is scheduled to begin on Sunday morning, July 5, 2009 at 11:00AM, and run for ten (10) consecutive weeks. This schedule will allow fans the knowledge that the series will be aired on consecutive weeks for the regular season and again for the four-race championship run. "

I didn't think that USAR could get a much worse TV deal than they had last year, I was very wrong.

"Concord, N.C. (June 25, 2009) – (FSN) has developed a ten (10) week series of 30-minute television program highlighting the greatest racing in America. The USARacing Pro Cup Series (formally the Hooters Pro Cup Series) is scheduled to begin on Sunday morning, July 5, 2009 at 11:00AM, and run for ten (10) consecutive weeks. This schedule will allow fans the knowledge that the series will be aired on consecutive weeks for the regular season and again for the four-race championship run. "

I didn't think that USAR could get a much worse TV deal than they had last year, I was very wrong.
Yeah, I was surprised by that because they were saying it would be two hour.

Hopefully next year they go back to Versus and wait one month for the races to air instead of three months. :rolleyes:

Langley's going to air on July 19th. 11am on most stations, 4:30pm EST on Comcast Sports Net.

I'll tell you what, I saw the Winchester race (thank god for YouTube:rolleyes:) and it can't get much worse than that. The broadcast was terrible. :eek:

Even worse is CSN (which is the only FOX Sports Net from Philly to North Carolina - prime racing territory) won't air the races. They only air sports that require only one ball!

Did you make it to the 2nd Langley race? I just read that it got rained out.

Back
Top Bottom