V

• Thread starter GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN
  • Start date
G

GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for "V" to come on, and dangit I forgot and missed the first 20 minutes. Hopefully I can catch it on Youtube tomorrow.

I watched it all. It was so so but it could be good. I'll go with about a 5(out of 10) for the first episode.

this series wasn't that great in the eighties..... why remake it? but is sure has similarities to the current administration....lol :p

this series wasn't that great in the eighties..... why remake it? but is sure has similarities to the current administration....lol :p

Scyfy showed the 4 1/2 hour miniseries followed by the 3 part The Final Battle. Then Monday and Tuesday they showed the TV series, all 15 episodes. The miniseries was pretty good but you could tell that the TV version they weren't spending no where near the money. The visual effects and even the dialogue suffered badly.
I've got 4 more of the TV episodes to watch and then I'll watch the new V. I expect the visual effects to be 100 times better. And as to acting the original had Marc Singer so unless they got someone like Eric Estrada that has to be better as well. Tho I am interested to see how the Brazillian chick is up against Badler.

Well I watched the new V, eh. Not impressed. It seemed like they tried to cram too much into the 1st show without good character development.

Well I watched the new V, eh. Not impressed. It seemed like they tried to cram too much into the 1st show without good character development.

That was our opinion! How much time supposedly elapsed in just one episode???

So its in NY and not LA. The PR spokesperson is a man and not a woman. The woman villian is named Anna and not Dianne. The Marc Singer character is now a woman cop. Willie is now a black guy who's been here under cover for a long time. I'm not sure if the son (name??) is the new Robin or the new Daniel. Possibly both.
From all of this either they couldn't get the rights from Kenneth Johnson to remake the original or they decided the original was crap and they needed a new direction.

Well I did leave that part out but you are right. I suppose they are trying to be relevant to today. Whereas 25 years ago it was the cancer scare.

Dianna or Anna?
jane-badler-v_l.jpg

Morena_Baccarin.jpg

I liked the original V miniseries and I like this new show. I cant believe only 4 new episodes and they are done until March 2010. Not good. I am hooked on this show.;)

Back
Top Bottom