V8 SuperCars in NZ

Clutch

Team Owner
Well arrived at work this morning (5:00am) just before the second 747 freighter arrived from Brisbane. The first being last nite.
Normally I would have waited til the sun had come up but I've put in the office for a while with limited access to the outside world.
Don't want to bore you but he are a couple of low light pics to show you how they are transported.
They were loaded onto trucks to complete the 70 miles down to Hamilton.

DSCF4440_small.jpgDSCF4441_small.jpgDSCF4443_small.jpgDSCF4444_small.jpgDSCF4445_small.jpgDSCF4446_small.jpgDSCF4447_small.jpgDSCF4448_small.jpgDSCF4449_small.jpg

...that seems like it be really easy to damage the car. I'm suprised they aren't boxed up more.

...that seems like it be really easy to damage the car. I'm suprised they aren't boxed up more.
They only just fit in the aircraft as it is.....so I guess the contour of the plane dictates this open and over hang design.
They do it every year no probs.

very interesting. Really not all that different from how street cars are carried on US 18 wheelers. Just a whole lot more money being held above eachother.

How is the top car attached to the carrier? I can't see where the straps are. Whoops...its in another pic. BTW...I always hated those straps.

Yep...I have some experience with those straps. Not worth the money it would cost to burn them, but that comes from climbing around on those cargo decks and finding the hooks broken off too many times...Cars look great, though. I used to watch the European circuit on Speedvision before they removed that particular joy in my week-ends...Used to watch Rally, too.

BTW...how many LBS those straps worth?

Yep...I have some experience with those straps. Not worth the money it would cost to burn them, but that comes from climbing around on those cargo decks and finding the hooks broken off too many times...Cars look great, though. I used to watch the European circuit on Speedvision before they removed that particular joy in my week-ends...Used to watch Rally, too.

BTW...how many LBS those straps worth?
just 5000 lb

Thats a lot more exciting then the time there was a legands car on the dock at work.

Ouch. I would've went with the MB1 chains and devices...plus put the restaring around something more substantial than the wheels. Just me, though. ;)
Yes GS but its only to stop back and forward monement. Of course they are on both sides and if the plane crashes...well, it just dont matter. Lol. Seriously tho we just put them on and off the planes...they come to us already loaded.

Ouch. I would've went with the MB1 chains and devices...plus put the restaring around something more substantial than the wheels. Just me, though. ;)
Make that 50,000 been meaning to send you that for a few years!
We have the V8 Supercars coming again not this weekend but next to NZ

Damn v8 supercars are sexy. Freakin love the look. Like they're doing about 190 standing still.

Thanks for the pics. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom