V8 Supercars Name change

Clutch

Team Owner
V8SC are changing their name with their new sponsor for the sport from July 1st to
Virgin Australian Supercars championship.

Yea I'm just going to continue calling them V8 supercars lol

Does that mean they are looking to go to a multi class format or would the other cars just have a turbo charged v6? I figured with the removal of V8 from the name, they were looking to include some turbo charged cars or hybrids.
I really don't know I'm sorry. I haven't been paying too much attention this year.
It sounds like multi class if they have different engines and body styles tho.

Does that mean they are looking to go to a multi class format or would the other cars just have a turbo charged v6? I figured with the removal of V8 from the name, they were looking to include some turbo charged cars or hybrids.
Different engines and different bodies that have to hit different "parity" numbers like power output, weight, downforce/drag levels, etc.

Article: "The official Supercars website today ran a story confirming that the series’s own 3.5-litre twin-turbo V6 engine is almost ready to hit the dyno."

Does anyone know what this means? Is the Supercars series developing a spec motor that is available to various teams that don't have a manufacturer relationship? Like the Nascar spec motor that is available to truck teams, and is supposed to cost less than running Ford, Chevy, or Toyota motors? I've heard the Supercars series is suffering badly from dwindling manufacturer support. Spec motors seem to me like the kiss of death... but what do I know?

Yeah I think you're right, it's a supercars spec engine teams can use (that is, if it's competitive). Manufacturers can still develop their own turbo V-6's as long as they meet the specs or continue using naturally aspirated V8's.

Article: "The official Supercars website today ran a story confirming that the series’s own 3.5-litre twin-turbo V6 engine is almost ready to hit the dyno."

Does anyone know what this means? Is the Supercars series developing a spec motor that is available to various teams that don't have a manufacturer relationship? Like the Nascar spec motor that is available to truck teams, and is supposed to cost less than running Ford, Chevy, or Toyota motors? I've heard the Supercars series is suffering badly from dwindling manufacturer support. Spec motors seem to me like the kiss of death... but what do I know?
Testing.

Minutia of the regulations is a work in progress.

Back
Top Bottom