Villenueve says no to $50 million.

T

TheRob

I read today that Forsythe Racing(Team Players)and BAR had a package worked out for JV that would see him race in Cart next year, and then F1 with BAR the two years after that. He was to be paid $50 Mill and he said no.

Unreal. I guess he like "fighting" for 10 - 15 place in F1. Must be very exciting.:rolleyes:

Hey thor, I guess i like correcting u or something but once again i got something to say. Ok for one Arrows went under! They may never come back into F1 and if they do they arent going to have the backing to pay Villenueve those high dollars! But that does raise questions for what the hell he's thinking though. There has got to be a really good reason to turn down a three year 50 mil. dollar check. Maybe he could be eyeing a seat at Ferrari, Williams, or McLaren, knowing that seats will be opening in the next year or two, with Micheal due to retire in the next year or so as well as Rubens and Coulthard. Ralf i would expect will be relieved of his duties at Williams before too long with his poor performance. Raikonnen and Montoya however seem to be on the rise and will be at the top places in their teams pretty soon. That leaves Villenueve plenty of seats in about two years. So that means either Villenueve doesn't want to race for another three years or he doesnt want to be bound to a contract saying he will be with BAR when that Ferrari seat opens.

BebiF1
i can see now you are right,but maybe he can go to Toyota while
he is waiting for the Ferrari seat
I would be happy if Ron let him replace David Coulthard next year
I want 1997 Villeneuve back to the track

I think we all want Jaques back to winning ways but i dont know if he will get that chance or not. With the McLaren rides being taken for next year and Toyota looking at new young talent from CART and other possiblities, i dont see Jaques anywhere else but the sh#t hole BAR team for next year.

Back
Top Bottom