Wanna Be Motorsports Writers.

71Fan

Hey Paul......

Betcha a whole bunch of us would love to be motorsports writers and commentators......you know, press passes and all that stuff, not too mention a possible 15 minutes of fame.

Anyways, how about using your computer savvy to set up a webpage. We can all start rumors and or file race reports. We could even call race shops and tell em were are with yadda-yadda.com and request phone interviews and other such crazy stuff.

Then, a simple email to jayski's (guess how he got the link to Tim Sauter being in the 71 at Dover?:p ) and the page would get national attention just like that.

Best part is that if yer really a nice guy you could use all the money from all the ad banners to pay for the press passes.:D

StockCarReporters??:D Just kidding.

How about "Blue Nowhere News and Spews"

Originally posted by paul
Sounds like a plan.

Got an idea for the name?  I can build it.

Hmm. How about RacePlace.com? Or is that taken?

Hey Scrabble.... you could be the stats man.....or how about a weekly commentary called "Scrabble Sez"?

How soon ya think the big bucks will start rolling in?

Set it up , I'll chip in with some commentary, can't be any worse than some of the anybody with a keyboard journalism I read every day, on second thought maybe it can....:D

You could write "Like a Herd of Turtles" a weekly commentary on the underfunded and struggling.

Ya gotta get us a sponsor and then ya gotta sell lots of ad space. Right now given the current economic status the definition of "big bucks" is very negotiable!:)

Who is it that does the "As The Wheel Turns" stuff?

How about....

Taking It In Stride?

Lots of folks to help arouond here.

RoyalOrange does the wheel turns bit and that would be a must.

TWF apparently wants to do a "at the wrong track" column, except for twice a season when it would be the right track. He could collaborate closely with DW on his columns.

Paul could cover DEI with special weekly coverage of Mikey.

PettyBenson could cover Rusty.

the list goes on and on!:D

I think its a great idea. There seems to be some very knowledgable people on this forum.

Oh, I'll collaborate closely with Jaws all right...

Good one HS.

Maybe a count/pointercount type thing with a chebbie/Junior fan would be fun though...

Can I be the roving reporter? Send me to all the races on the East Coast (I'll be gracious and let DE W and Cutiepie handle the West Coast ;) ) and I'll get "behind the scenes" news and information.....

Maybe they'll even let me into the Hollywood Hotel!

HH, you could be the roving reporter, I'll be the raving reporter. :D

i want to be a part of the team...

sounds like a good idea. i could get interviews with some WoO and dirt track racers.

i will come up with a name as soon as i figger out how to spell a word:)

I could help out if anything needs to be done.

I have various technical skills, including knowledge of HTML, XML, Java, Perl, Unix, SQL, and am currently learning ASP and PHP. I'm familiar with and have used several wysiwig editors, but I often just code pages in Notepad. I also can create fairly decent images using Adobe and am learning how to use Flash for animations.

As far as writing, I have written many articles before that have been included on several newsletters and posted on my personal website, as well.

As far as rumors, I have some connections with some drivers like Ryan McGlynn, Stuart Kirby, and some drivers I can't mention, and maybe I could get some insider information that could be used.

I also have experience with pr, project management, newsletters, webrings, and some other misc. stuff like that.

So if you are serious about putting a page together, maybe I could be of some assistance.

I don't think you would want me to comment on Rusty! But I could be the Petty Enterprise and MBV/MB2 writer!

As The Wheel Turns or The Wheel whichever suits yer fancy. Ya think I ought to leave the predictions out of The Herd of Turtles thing?

I think a page like that could be fun to do with everybody contributing.

What happened to Paul, though?

well thats a wierd mix there Mustang. If Paul would put a link that new site that would help out.

Ya I know. Maybe I'll just do the Harvick part. Don't care for Green or Gordon. I love Fords but I follow a driver with a GM sponsor. Whatever.

I want to get in on this. let me know and i can do whatever

Back
Top Bottom