Ward Burton going to RCR ?

H

Happy29

Sources in the garage say the AOL ride is available next season and that the sponsor would like a mature driver capable of winning races. Sounds like the perfect fit for Ward Burton [who is signed with Bill Davis thur 2004]. Not only has he won at a variety of tracks, he would be a good hunting buddy for owner Richard Childress.

I would really like to see Ward in the 30 car. But don't think it will happen. :D

If all the rumors hold true I will never get all the drivers and cars straight. But, I would love to see Ward in the 30 car.

That would be great to see ward in the 30 car! I would like it! ( plus that would leave a seat open for Wimmer)

With Richard Childress's strong engine program in the superspeedways and good cars everywhere else, Ward might get a second Daytona 500 win.

I personaly would rather Ward stay with BDR, but that's just my opionion.

I would definetely love to see Ward go there!!!!! Then he might have a chance at a good finish in the points, and what not. I hope the rumors are true, although I always have like Bill Davis, he just doesn't have the money to supply championship caliber race teams...

I just hope Ward gets an honest to God good ride. I really do think he has the talent to succeed and the 30 team might just be the ticket.

This makes things nervous for me, because If he goes there, and then sucks...I wouldn't have known what he would have done with the new car make that Bill Davis is deciding on. I look for Bill Davis and Ward to stay atleast half way...with the new car make, to see how things go, then maybe things will unfold.

I think ward would be great in the 1 or the 30, both teams have good cars just need good drivers for those cars. And ward would be good in those cars

It sure would be interesting to see Ward Burton at RCR, but I dont see it happening, I'll give you two reasons why:

1) I think it would be pretty difficult for Ward to go from the premier driver in the stable to being the 3rd driver in the stable, behind Kevin and Robby.

2) RC is not known for firing or giving up on drivers. Park has shown flashes with the new team, and I can see RC letting Park grow with the team to see how they perform next year.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Jul 28 2003, 02:17 PM
It sure would be interesting to see Ward Burton at RCR, but I dont see it happening, I'll give you two reasons why:

1) I think it would be pretty difficult for Ward to go from the premier driver in the stable to being the 3rd driver in the stable, behind Kevin and Robby.

2) RC is not known for firing or giving up on drivers. Park has shown flashes with the new team, and I can see RC letting Park grow with the team to see how they perform next year.
1. Not neccasarily, Ward might do really well and become the #1 driver. Do you know what would happen...nope...because It hasn't happened.

Originally posted by ward22+Jul 28 2003, 04:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ward22 @ Jul 28 2003, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RobbyG Fan@Jul 28 2003, 02:17 PM

2) RC is not known for firing or giving up on drivers.&nbsp; Park has shown flashes with the new team, and I can see RC letting Park grow with the team to see how they perform next year.
1. Not neccasarily, Ward might do really well and become the #1 driver. Do you know what would happen...nope...because It hasn't happened. [/b][/quote]
OK, he might, but fact of the matter is Green couldnt handle that the 30 was the third tier team. Can Ward handle it? We would never know until he is put in the situation, but the 29 is clearly the flagship team and the 31 is very closely behind.

Same as 8 - 15 - 1

Same as 24 - 48 - 5 - 25

Same as 40 - 42 - 41

I believe the only team that uses their resources evenly (more than a 2 car team) is Roush. If you look at the 2 car teams, (Davis, PE, Gibbs, Penske) they are all pretty even.

Davis isn't too even...have you seen the #23 car win a race lately in the Cup series? We may never know If Ward would become #1...I mean If he ran good all of the time and won races constantly...and maybe get a championship.................we will find out...maybe. :)

Here's the newest scoop from Jayski

Who might [Bill Davis Racing GM Mike] Davis pick to replace Burton? Steve Park was at Davis' shop the other day and did fly up here with the team, but Brown insisted that there is no quid-pro-quo in the works to swap Burton for Park with Richard Childress. 'Not an ounce of truth,' Brown said. 'Steve was bringing his motorcycle by for a ride that Bill and Steve and a few others are going on after Watkins Glen.' But Brown said: 'We've told Ward that timing is everything, and we can't wait 60 to 90 days for him to make up his mind on what he wants to do. Sometimes if you want to do something different, you've got to be willing to step up and do the right thing so everybody can move on. We haven't talked with anyone about the ride. We feel if we and Ward part ways and do it in a timely manner, then we won't have a problem putting anybody in the car.' One entanglement is Burton's close ties with sponsor Caterpillar. Brown insisted that Caterpillar wouldn't leave if Burton leaves. 'We've had recent meetings with Caterpillar and they've assured us they're 100 percent behind the race team,' Brown said. 'This is the first year of a five-year deal, and they want us to make the racing decisions, though they want to be aware of everything that's going on and they want to buy into anything that's going on.' Brown declined to comment on reports of disagreements Friday between Burton and crew chief Frank Stoddard. Dodge officials want to keep Burton, last year's Daytona 500 winner, and one place that might have an opening is Ray Evernham's.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Steve would go to a team that's falling farther every year, even though he's friends with people over there. I think he would take time off before taking a ride like that. Besides the #19 possibly being open, I also expect the #41 to be.

Back
Top Bottom