Ward Burton In Auto Accident

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
W. Burton avoids serious injury in auto accident
April 12, 2004
2:00 PM EDT (1800 GMT)

DANVILLE, Va. (AP) -- NASCAR driver Ward Burton was involved in a single-vehicle accident on Monday just south of Danville.

The North Carolina Highway Patrol says the South Boston native crashed at around 7:30 a.m. ET.

Trooper S.M. Mangum says Burton was southbound on U.S. Route 29, less than two miles south of Danville, when he apparently feel asleep at the wheel.

Burton's 2004 Chevy Suburban ran of the right-hand side of the road and struck a guardrail. Trooper Magnum says Burton suffered only a bump to the head.

Burton did not require treatment, and his wife came to the scene and picked him up. Mangum says no charges have been filed and the investigation is continuing.

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press.

ward's one of my fav's too....

hope he really 'fell asleep' and not some other 'reason' ( :cheers: ) if you know what I mean....

...no?

Boy, you're slow... I hope he wasn't drunk... :eek:

Does anybody know where Robby Gordon was at the time this occured? :p

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Apr 12 2004, 04:26 PM
Does anybody know where Robby Gordon was at the time this occured? :p
LOL.................YA DON'T THINK OLE CAP'N CRUCH HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT NOW?
:D

I was really shocked when I read that on another board. I thank God that he's O.K. It could have been more than just a bump on the head.

Originally posted by Splunge@Apr 12 2004, 09:50 PM
ward's one of my fav's too....

hope he really 'fell asleep' and not some other 'reason' ( :cheers: ) if you know what I mean....

...no?

Boy, you're slow... I hope he wasn't drunk... :eek:
Nah he wasn't drunk. The seats in that car wasn't made just for Ward and he couldn't see over the dash board. :lol:

Head injury.... Jeez, I hope this won't give him a speech impediment. :)

Back
Top Bottom