ward fined

G

ghettozoe03

W. Burton fined $5,000 for Bristol incident
August 29, 2002
2:54 PM EDT (1854 GMT)

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR officials announced Thursday that NASCAR Winston Cup Series driver Ward Burton has been fined $5,000 for his actions during last Saturday night's Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Burton, driver of the No. 22 Dodge, removed the heat shields from his shoes and threw them at another competitor's car. He was penalized under Section 12-4-A in the 2002 Winston Cup Series rulebook: "actions detrimental to stock car racing

5,000 isnt that much. I expected it to be a little more severe. I was thinkin 10,000. But then again what do i know

Why ain't Na$car got Robbie Gordon he was more dangerous then any one on the track???:mad:

Poor Ward Poor Poor Ward. He is gonna havta go to the bank and take out a loan and pay the fine. Poor Poor Ward. LOL

Hell bank?? He gots to dig in his Daytona fund for this one

robby was black flagged two laps i guess they thought that was sufficient, i dunno

Originally posted by ghettozoe03
robby was black flagged two laps i guess they thought that was sufficient, i dunno
That isn't fair...Robbie should have been fined too. I think Robbie should be taking the same ANGER MGMNT course that Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick are. Hell, I think all of RCR will be in there pretty soon.

harvick took anger management classes? he will have to if he still goes on the path he is taking!!!

Well, for any of you that didn't see this, it's a quote from the Wendell Scott article. As I've said many times on many boards, the boys been working it out for years.

"He (Smith) had wrecked us up at Winston-Salem (N.C.) and my daddy had had it with him," said Franklin. "On the pace lap he pulled up beside Daddy and started pointing his finger at him. We didn’t know it but Daddy had his gun with him and he pulled it out and pointed the gun back. We never had trouble with Jack again"

How can Ward's actions be detrimental to stock car racing when NASCAR profits from the Bristol reputation? If yer gonna slap a man on the wrists, go ahead and tell everyone why. It's for creating a hazardous situation that their insurance wouldn't pay out on by standing on the racing surface while the cars were within X feet of him.

Having your insurance pulled b/c Ward almost got hit by a car going 60+ mph can also be defined as detrimental...but I agree with you.

Incidently, I was watching the rebroadcast last night, and Ward actually did almost trip as he was making his way up the banking, and cars were going by him.

I think Nascar has fined drivers for doing stuff like throwing heat shields, helmets, and a number of other things, so I guess Nascar had to be consistent. It's the action that it detrimental to the sport, not like he was actually going to cause Jr or Jr's car any harm by throwing them.

I'd bet he would gladly pay the fine to do that same thing again, if the same situation arose. Heck, I'd give a few bucks to throw somethin' at Junior some days.

Pit road speed at Bristol is 30mph, so that would be the speed at which the pace car was leading the cars around the track. However, it's never a smart move to step in front of a moving vehicle!

I thought Kevin Harvick conducted himself really well Saturday night.

Robby Gordon paid his fine by losing two laps.

Being penalized two laps means nothing if you don't have a good car anyways. Having Ward fork out 5 grand is just saying that NASCAR could be consistent (for once).

well if robby wasnt penalized two laps he might have made 5,00o more dollars.....

Oh, makes sense. I wonder how NASCAR made it all work out that way...

Back
Top Bottom