Watkins Glen Question

DIDIT

Old School Fan
I am going to be in the Watkins Glen area and have free time on Friday. BUT, all they show on their ticket option are a weekend pass starting at $105 or a single Sunday ticket for $90. Does anyone know what the deal is at this track? Can't I just buy a general admission ticket for Friday only?

I am going to be in the Watkins Glen area and have free time on Friday. BUT, all they show on their ticket option are a weekend pass starting at $105 or a single Sunday ticket for $90. Does anyone know what the deal is at this track? Can't I just buy a general admission ticket for Friday only?
Not that I have ever known. May be worth a call to will call.

The people that know can be reached here.....

1-866-461-RACE (7223)

I'd hate to see you get the wrong information here when the answer is just a call away.

Thanks for the number. Problem is I don't have any cell phone coverage between now and Friday (no Sprint coverage in this area of PA) and unless I go in town to a hot spot I don't have internet either. I'll poke around more and then probably just drive up anyway. There might be somebody with an extra ticket they will sell to me for Friday. Just another deal making attending a NASCAR Race more difficult. Who would have thought.

Thanks for the number. Problem is I don't have any cell phone coverage between now and Friday (no Sprint coverage in this area of PA) and unless I go in town to a hot spot I don't have internet either. I'll poke around more and then probably just drive up anyway. There might be somebody with an extra ticket they will sell to me for Friday. Just another deal making attending a NASCAR Race more difficult. Who would have thought.
How did you post this without cell phone coverage or internet?

are-you-wizard.jpg

@dave corthell , I just took the two minutes it took to call and get an answer for you. No, you cannot get a general admission ticket for just Friday. The reason being because of the infield camping area that is available to any and all that pass through the gate. There would be nothing to prevent you from entering the gate on Friday only to stay with a friend in the infield the entire weekend. The weekend pass is your only option if you want to be there for qualifying.

@dave corthell , I just took the two minutes it took to call and get an answer for you. No, you cannot get a general admission ticket for just Friday. The reason being because of the infield camping area that is available to any and all that pass through the gate. There would be nothing to prevent you from entering the gate on Friday only to stay with a friend in the infield the entire weekend. The weekend pass is your only option if you want to be there for qualifying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this poster is awesome ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes ...... the guy up there :booya:

Hey, I had the time. Besides, I wanted to know myself. I've thought about doing the same thing before. Now I know. What they said makes sense.

Even the dreaded aero push or the bully Harvick cannot change the fact that Nascar has some fans like you.
I have ran into some damned special people at the races

Thanks a ton dpkimmel2001! That has saved me a 60 mile one way trip to the track.
For the record, I drove about 10 miles to McDonalds this morning to use their internet connection. I do not have any cell phone coverage within 30 miles where I am currently at, so it would not be easy to call them. If you think I am mistaken just take a look at the Sprint cell phone coverage in northern PA just south of Watkins Glen. Most of you would probably laugh at how technology deficient I am. I do appreciate you calling the track and getting an answer for me and am very disappointed that I can't get in to the track on Friday.

Thanks a ton dpkimmel2001! That has saved me a 60 mile one way trip to the track.
For the record, I drove about 10 miles to McDonalds this morning to use their internet connection. I do not have any cell phone coverage within 30 miles where I am currently at, so it would not be easy to call them. If you think I am mistaken just take a look at the Sprint cell phone coverage in northern PA just south of Watkins Glen. Most of you would probably laugh at how technology deficient I am. I do appreciate you calling the track and getting an answer for me and am very disappointed that I can't get in to the track on Friday.
Not a problem and I agree, it sucks that a Friday ticket couldn't be purchased. They are losing out on some fans. I'm not sure why they can't fence off the camping area and require the ticket to pass between the gates. I think fans could benefit from a setup like that in the long run.

Stay away from the McNuggets. I've heard bad things about them. :D

Not a problem and I agree, it sucks that a Friday ticket couldn't be purchased. They are losing out on some fans. I'm not sure why they can't fence off the camping area and require the ticket to pass between the gates. I think fans could benefit from a setup like that in the long run.

Stay away from the McNuggets. I've heard bad things about them. :D
That is a good point - right now you can just walk across the track into the infield and right into the general camping areas. I have never been asked to show proof of ticket. We go visit some friends who camp on Saturdays and just waltz right in.

Even the dreaded aero push or the bully Harvick cannot change the fact that Nascar has some fans like you.
I have ran into some damned special people at the races

This right here. That dude in Fontana in 2014 who went all the way to the concession stand to buy me a beer after Kyle won was awesome. Wish I could return the favor. He hated Kyle, but was happy for me. Really cool dude.

This right here. That dude in Fontana in 2014 who went all the way to the concession stand to buy me a beer after Kyle won was awesome. Wish I could return the favor. He hated Kyle, but was happy for me. Really cool dude.
Those guys in Bristol we were parked next to one cold March morning, who were basically running a free breakfast buffet behind their three SUVs. I've been in restaurants that had less equipment.

Don't forget the nice folks that let you live at the track for 6 months after Kyle won :lol2:

Were the wife and kids glad to get you back ?

Don't forget the nice folks that let you live at the track for 6 months after Kyle won :lol2:

Were the wife and kids glad to get you back ?

They were nice. Hope they weren't offended when I chose hunger over Jimmy Johns.

Family lives for my happiness. My return meant that Kyle didn't win. So, not so happy to see me. Disappointment has been masked by Kyle's utter domination at Indy--Home of the Greatest Racing in the World (for Kyle Busch fans).

The track ticket office said that they don't care what kind of varmint I am. They'll love to take my money. :booya:

There is a river about 300 yards from the track .... you can stroll over there and have a dip

Back
Top Bottom