Watkins Glenn Pre-Race Thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1725915890089.png

1725915919638.jpeg

Love this track. Love this race. Love where this race is positioned in the Playoffs. Nowhere to run and hide. No free passes if road courses aren't you thing. LFG.

It's gotta be Larson.

5 road course wins since joining HMS. Won 2021, 2022, last year was mostly a track position race and he was blazing fast prior to his issues.

I think, with how much speed he had at Chicago and Sonoma, he's the one to beat

That will be outstanding if they really have that much of a drop off. I just wish they wouldn't use the cautions for the stages to let it materialize

I think we're going to see some cars be blazing fast on the long run.

20 car imo. He's been untouchable on long runs on road courses this year outside of Sonoma

2.5 hours if you include the half hour they have scheduled for post race coverage.
I question whether 2.5 would be enough in the GWC-prone season. There's some kind of reality show scheduled at 5:30 and USA has shown they'll stay with the race anyway.

If we're including post-race, then the X race is scheduled for 3 hours. Either way, it appears they've allocated more time for the shorter race.

When I first started watching NASCAR (decades ago), I didn't like the road courses, I thought NASCAR should stick to ovals. Now the road courses are among my favorite tracks.

I like road courses and thought that there should be more when there was only two on the schedule but I do believe they went too far and now have too many road courses.

When I first started watching NASCAR (decades ago), I didn't like the road courses, I thought NASCAR should stick to ovals. Now the road courses are among my favorite tracks.
I think with the car being built tougher it has made the road course racing even better. Cautiously optimistic this softer tire they are trying will help even more.
Call me crazy but I would like to see the championship race on the Daytona road course come rain or shine. Engineer some proper windshield wiper systems and have at it.

Back
Top Bottom