'We need a half-million dollars' - Kyle Larson's entry into the Cup ranks

Kenseth and Carl didn't mind leaving Roush. Both got their first ride with him.
that was a different deal. kenseth in particular I am pretty sure didn't want to leave. The problem there was there simply wasn't sponsorship money to pay kenseth without him taking likely a 50% pay cut. Jack ran his car half the season out of his own pocket the last year kenseth was there. There simply wasn't money there to resign kenseth. The same is true with carl and by the time carl left roush was in a downward spiral, so both were factors there. Biffle was the odd man out caught in the middle. I suspect the last go around biffle wanted out. in particular wanted to move to MWR. I suspect 3m moving to jeff gordon instead of staying with biffle is what kept him from leaving. I am pretty sure biffle took a big pay cut too because that was the only deal left after the music ended during musical chairs.

that was a different deal. kenseth in particular I am pretty sure didn't want to leave. The problem there was there simply wasn't sponsorship money to pay kenseth without him taking likely a 50% pay cut. Jack ran his car half the season out of his own pocket the last year kenseth was there. There simply wasn't money there to resign kenseth. The same is true with carl and by the time carl left roush was in a downward spiral, so both were factors there. Biffle was the odd man out caught in the middle. I suspect the last go around biffle wanted out. in particular wanted to move to MWR. I suspect 3m moving to jeff gordon instead of staying with biffle is what kept him from leaving. I am pretty sure biffle took a big pay cut too because that was the only deal left after the music ended during musical chairs.

I agree with this 100%.

Back
Top Bottom