weight loss news

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by lisa, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

I lost 24.6 pounds in 12 days while in ICU.Tough to chew when you're intubated.:rolleyes:
    Got here on the 21st and have been dropping 2 pounds a week.
    How anyone can gain weight on the food served here is a mystery.
    A little over 32 pounds since april 8th

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    gnomesayin likes this.
  2. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

We are so glad you are recovering and back with us.

3. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Monday is my weigh in day[ cue Rocky music] I gained 8/10's of a pound!!! How the hail do you gain weight eating hospital type food!!!!!!!!?

4. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I gained 5 lbs in may but I know why. Didn't have money for healthy food, last month. Went today and bought healthier groceries including a 2 lb container of protein mix for shakes.

Mopardh9 likes this.
  5. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Joined a gym finally last night and went today going to turn it into a habit

Mopardh9 likes this.
  6. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

That is good news. it's hard to stay motivated when gains take time but exercise will help markedly.
    I'm guessing Domino's gives you a free pizza during you shift?.....prolly not the greatest idea. Do they have a salad option?

7. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

We have prepackaged salads. I actually don't usually eat pizza during my shift, it's the Wendy's, and McDonalds, and junk from Wawa that's my problem. I have bad impulse control when it comes to food which is what gets me in trouble.

8. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

Cool... you will quickly get addicted to it, and it will be something you look forward to, especially after you see results.

9. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I did better in PT today. Much better. :)

10. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I made the mistake of looking in the mirror. (Naked, sorry)

Now I feel like a cow. :(

11. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Did you gain weight from last weigh in?

12. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

5 lbs

13. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Well be strong and take it back off......you CAN do it!

14. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Seems I've hit a plateau, more likely a stone wall. One week I gain a pound, then lose it the next week and find it the following week. dammit, wish I could find my keys that easy......

15. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Had my knee drained today and an injection of gel. Two weeks, and the left one gets done.

Hurt like an SOB.

16. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

My jeans are starting to loosen up again. I think I'm back to losing weight.

17. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

I'm still on a plateau, fluctuating +/- a pound each week the last few weeks. :idunno:

18. mike honcho

mike honcho Knuckleheads

Finally got past 250. 248.5 this morning.

19. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I've lost the 5 lbs I gained in May. Back down to 296.

20. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Weighing in day = nervous.

21. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Not a good weigh in today. I'm around 302. I cried. Trudy said I would not cry if I wasn't all in on this.

She was happy with PT results. I've been doing PT since Feb 14th. I've come a long way.

22. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Lisa with your warm spring weather of late you should be out walking the neighborhood every day!

23. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I can't walk very far. Ive considered using a walker. I dunno. I haven't shared with you all how bad I was when I started all this in Feb. I won't go into details of what is wrong with me, physically.

I had trouble walking out to the car and back. Yes, I was a mess.
    I've made steady improvements. I walk around stores, wal mart, grocery stores but I need the shopping cart. I can't walk around without them.

Thus is just what I am facing, at this point.

24. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Okay, then listen to your therapist and keep pushing yourself if you can. You know the old adage....Use it or lose it!

25. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

I'm still fluctuating +/- pound the past several weeks. I've cut out snacks, eating less at meal time and doing more therapy and I'M still stuck on a plateau.. Discouraging,,

26. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

I'm a day late, I lost 2.6 pounds last week. Recently I'd lose pound, pound and a little then gain it back next week. Hoping this 2.6 loss starts a downward trend that continues.

lisa likes this.
  27. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I've been eating a lot better lately. More protein, less carbs.

gnomesayin likes this.
  28. shark77

shark77 Grab'n them by the *****!

Stick with it. If you keep pushing yourself at a safe healthy pace, you'll get to your goal. Remember, most things never happen in a straight line. Life is jagged, so look at it from a long view.

29. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Great advice, thank you.

I took today to slide in water on my kitchen floor. Down for the count.

Not my most brilliant moment.

30. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Lost 6 tenths of a pound last week,,,,,screw it I'm gonna have a big ol' slice of pie!

31. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I've lost 2 lbs. Better than none.

32. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

PIE IS THE SECRET!!! I lost 5.8 pounds last week.
    MORE PIE! MORE PIE! MORE PIE! MORE PIE!

33. Whizzer

Whizzer Retired entrepreneur

Losing weight is like picking pennies off the ground. A penny isn't much in the overall scheme of things but when you have a barrel full ..... well, you get the idea.

Stick with it, gather those pennies (ounces) and the ounces will turn into pounds.

34. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I've been going about this all wrong.

35. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Boy how right you are. It's so hard not to get frustrated.

I give myself all these pep talks and even then, I still get upset with myself.

36. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Got re-weighed today , they think I played shenanigans Monday when it showed I lost 5.8 pounds, well I showed them,,re-weigh showed I lost 5.9 pounds,,,
    Bring on more pie! [​IMG]

37. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

With ice cream!

38. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Ice cream would have to be low cal, I am trying to lose weight ya know.

39. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

No weight loss news but I can tell my abs are tightening up. It's a great feeling. PT has been so good for me.

TexasRaceLady likes this.
  40. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

ROTFLMAO
    When I moved here 3 years ago, I dropped a little more than 30 pounds --- guess it was all the work I did packing and moving stuff.
    To my surprise, I have NOT gained any of it back!

lisa, baby steps. Keep up the good work and you'll get there.