Weird accident at Vila Real WTCC round

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
On his first lap in the first practice session of the weekend, Tom Coronel lost his left-front wheel, causing him to leave the track and crash into a firetruck.

Look how close he was to hitting that lamppost as well. I think this is called ''FIA safety standards''.

It looks like he fell asleep at the wheel. Lol.

The wheel snapped off? Odd

I guess if you are gonna crash, take the crash to the rescue team
LOL

In all seriousness this is pretty terrible from the FIA. I'd have to have seen what an open-****pit car would've done there. Just a total disregard for safety in so many aspects.

LOL

In all seriousness this is pretty terrible from the FIA. I'd have to have seen what an open-****pit car would've done there. Just a total disregard for safety in so many aspects.

They don't care about WTCC anyways, the field is only getting smaller.

I would give my right nut to get into Touring Cars, they look like a ton of fun.

They don't care about WTCC anyways, the field is only getting smaller.

I would give my right nut to get into Touring Cars, they look like a ton of fun.
BTCC and TCR are really where it's at right now.

Stupid track design... Can't believe the FIA gave that the green light.

What sanctioning body is TCR?

Stupid track design... Can't believe the FIA gave that the green light.

What sanctioning body is TCR?
I believe it's its own thing. The promoter/rights holder is some small company in England I think and they license out the regulations to a bunch of different series and events, in addition to their own series. PWC started integrating them this year and IMSA will start integrating them into the CTSCC next year, and it should replace the ST class fully in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom