What do you think of Jimme Johnson?

Jimmy says that in the Indy car scene they have less rednecks and more people that share his values.
Weak troll
tenor.gif

Laugh all you want, but he did say that when interviewed by the announcers during the Indy qualifying. (Except the redneck comment)
There are a lot of journalism jobs open and you’d fit right in. No indoctrination needed. A rare turnkey employee.

I think a few years ago this would be exciting news. Given his recent performance, I am not quite as intrigued.
Well then IMO you're missing out, this is going to be a story next year in St. Pete when Indy Car assembles for their opener and its going to be damn cool to see someone that dominated his sport at one time and one of the GOATS try something entirely new. I thought it was intriguing how the drivers of yesteryear would criss cross series and race in each other's biggest races. This is as close as we will get to that, I commend Jimmie for doing this and will be following it every step of the way.

Also I want to point out, if a few years ago(back when he was still on top of his game), someone told you they would be a season, where 3 of the 4 HMS would have a win this late in the season, and the one without a win would be Jimmie Johnson, How would you all have reacted to that?

Also I want to point out, if a few years ago(back when he was still on top of his game), someone told you they would be a season, where 3 of the 4 HMS would have a win this late in the season, and the one without a win would be Jimmie Johnson, How would you all have reacted to that?
If Jeff Gordon was still racing and contending for wins, I'd be ecstatic because Jeff would have one of those checkers ha ha

Laugh all you want, but he did say that when interviewed by the announcers during the Indy qualifying. (Except the redneck comment)

It doesn't take a whole lot of brainpower for somebody to say something like that on social media

Well then IMO you're missing out, this is going to be a story next year in St. Pete when Indy Car assembles for their opener and its going to be damn cool to see someone that dominated his sport at one time and one of the GOATS try something entirely new. I thought it was intriguing how the drivers of yesteryear would criss cross series and race in each other's biggest races. This is as close as we will get to that, I commend Jimmie for doing this and will be following it every step of the way.
Not sure you actually read what I wrote or what I could possibly be missing out on. I plan to follow. I will be shocked if he becomes a star performer in that series. We have seen F1 drivers to NASCAR and Indy Drivers to NASCAR not set the racing series on fire, unless of course you are Montoya. :)

juan-pablo-montoya-hits-the-wall-in-turn-one-and-bursts-into-flames-during-the-running-of-the-nascar-nextel-cup-ford-400-at-homestead-miami-speedway-in-homestead-florida-on-november-19-2006-upi-photomalcolm-hope-TYDMAE.jpg

4f4cddbeeab8ea600d000045

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
Jimmie says: I want to race Indy Cars, but mostly just the road courses...oh and I may want to run a select NASCAR Cup race or two.

And he gets to do it.

That is the definition of a BOSS.
Gordon could have done the same. If you are are arguably a GOAT race car driver, other racing organizations, and owners are going to do what they can to get you into the series/their card.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not sure you actually read what I wrote or what I could possibly be missing out on. I plan to follow. I will be shocked if he becomes a star performer in that series. We have seen F1 drivers to NASCAR and Indy Drivers to NASCAR not set the racing series on fire, unless of course you are Montoya. :)

juan-pablo-montoya-hits-the-wall-in-turn-one-and-bursts-into-flames-during-the-running-of-the-nascar-nextel-cup-ford-400-at-homestead-miami-speedway-in-homestead-florida-on-november-19-2006-upi-photomalcolm-hope-TYDMAE.jpg

4f4cddbeeab8ea600d000045
you said you werent intrigued so therefore it sounded like you werent going to follow it. I'm not on here to change you're thinking or tell you what to think, you do you. I never said he was going to be a star in Indy Car either, I just had said it's interesting to me JJ is doing another series. and I never thought the JPM Jet Dryer jokes were funny, they ran their course almost 10 years ago...... its a shame some remember him for that instead of being a bad ass multi time CART Winner, multi time Indy Car winner, former CART Champion, Indy 500 winner, IMSA Ace and went toe to toe with Schumacher in F1 as well as in 09 went head to head with JJ for a bit during his run on top.

It doesn't take a whole lot of brainpower for somebody to say something like that on social media
Jimmy Johnson is buds with a few of the Indy car drivers, they actually run marathons and stuff like that together. That was how the conversation started on the interview. Will have to see if there is a link to it...Danica was one of the interviewers.

We have seen F1 drivers to NASCAR and Indy Drivers to NASCAR not set the racing series on fire, unless of course you are Montoya.
Believe AJ Foyt, Parnelli Jones, Dan Gurney, Andretti's never did get a handle on NASCAR did they?

Jimmie says: I want to race Indy Cars, but mostly just the road courses...oh and I may want to run a select NASCAR Cup race or two.

And he gets to do it.

That is the definition of a BOSS.
I don't think he'll do very well... but he's earned the respect to be able to do it.

Back
Top Bottom