What driver has wrecked the most?

34R7H130UND

Team Owner
Me and a friend were talking about how often Gordon used to wreck and the question came up who we thought wrecked the most.

Who do you guys think?

Me and a friend were talking about how often Gordon used to wreck and the question came up who we thought wrecked the most.

Who do you guys think?

You're thinking over the years ? Heck , they all did . They spend a year or two finding the limits to the 'ragged edge' . Seems to take a little longer for some ,but they have to find that out for each track surface then they have to stop doing it or lose heir ride . There are lots of haters on here who think their favorite driver new wrecked a racecar , but they all did .

Buckshot Jones always seemed to bring out lots of cautions. I remember Atwood as being pretty bad about crashing as well.

I know Michael Waltrip used to wreck ALOT. Haha

I looked for statistics for crashes but I couldn't find anything substantial

3 words. John. Wes. Townley.

Hands down.
If there's no in-car camera on JWT, then it's being wasted somewhere else. He's definitely a favorite of the Bodyworkers Employment Program.

I haven't thought of Buckshot Jones in years. I remember watching create work for the wall painters at several tracks.

I'll say Danica is high on the list if you avg. per yer
Stenhouse and Ambrose before he left NASCAR.

I haven't thought of Buckshot Jones in years. I remember watching create work for the wall painters at several tracks.

Yeah, a blast from the past for sure.

I looked up his page on racing-reference a few years ago when I was researching something. There were a few comments from people on there who said they had watched him race on short tracks in person and claimed he was actually way better than his NASCAR career had turned out to be. Oh well.

I can agree to John Wes Townley, Danica used to wreck quite a lot too.

Didn't Kyle Busch spin and finally wrecked out of Watkins Glen like 4 different times once?

I think the most I've seen a driver wreck in one race was Brian Vickers at Martinsville in Fall 2011. That was just ridiculous.
Wasn't that the same race where Hamlin had something under the hood that kept cutting in and out? He'd be running at speed one lap and barely able to finish the next.

I recall sitting at the Rock watching Ward Burton late in a tire run, brushing 2 and 4 every time around. for about 20 laps. I'm not sure which one I miss more.

Some like Swerv'n Ervin and Cueball Bodine caused some wrecks and then they were unjustly blamed for any wreck they were near.

I'd guess Townley

about the glen...(when he was not good at this track) I remember when JR said in a relieved voice "Were junk" after wrecking a couple of times. He really seemed to hate road courses for awhile.

about the glen...(when he was not good at this track) I remember when JR said in a relieved voice "Were junk" after wrecking a couple of times. He really seemed to hate road courses for awhile.

Dale Jr's improvement at road courses doesn't get enough attention. I'd like to see him finally win one.

Back
Top Bottom