What i think about PE now!!

P

PettyBenson

ALL day today i have been seeing negitive posts at PE boards and I got to the point to where i posted this long whatever, thought i would share it with you guys.
--------------------------------

Robin leaving is in the past. He is gone, we can't do anything about it but live with it. I am not happy with all that has happened today at all but I will live. I have always supported Kyle since I became a fan of his back in the late 80s. I supported him in the good times and in the very bad times. Last season the 45 crew did a great job and made just about everyrace on time and had plenty of good finishes. That made every PE fan proud of the 45. You have to remember that in 2001 the 45 sucked big time, so did the 43 and 44. In 2002 the 45 became much better. Whats to say that in 2003 that PE will not improve more.
PE has one less team in WC this year, more focus is on the 43 and 45, thats good. We still have Ege Engines, thats even better. New Dodge engines, and every car FORD, CHEVY, PONTAIC and DODGE are all going to be basicly the same car. Every team is starting fresh this year, so every team has a equal shot at a good year. I still look for at least the 45 to have a half way decent year like last year, even without Robin. The 43 should improve some. The PE boys do have some of Robins notes to look over so they should still be buildign fast cars, maybe even faster. kyle said that Robins influences would nto start untill this year. So they have a years worth of work that Robin has put into the PE dodges already,even without him.

People saying this is the begining of the end of PE, are not true PE fans. True PE fans would not say things like that they would support whatis going on at PE, like I am. Yes, PE needs to step into the modern days,and yes PE should look into moving, and yes PE needs better people. But they know what they are doing and we should look at that. Focus on the people that are still at PE not the one person who left(major person)

I know the history of the current PE shops, but I think its time for them to move on up closer to the NASCAR hub. Turn the current shop into a nice Petty Museum, that would make for even more history there.

Ok now my outlook for 2003.
This blow with Robin leaving is not the end of the world, as long as someone who knows what they are doign becomes the GM, so that Kyle does not, then PE should be good in 2003. The 45 should get a few more top 10's and possibly a top 5 and a win. the 43 all i am lookign for is a few top 15's and I will be happy with there progress. If kyle finishes in the top 20 in points it will IMo have been a good year. if John finishes in the top 25 it will be a good year. If CF races for PE this year( is he still doing that heard other wise, could have been miss read info abou tthe APR deal) I hope he at least qualifies for 4 of his 7 races, and wins an ARCA race.
Sadly at the end of 2003 Kyle will announce his farewell tour will begin in 2004 at daytona, and will run the Sprint Black 45 Dodge in his final race at the 2nd New Hampshire. Then CF will take the helm from there. Also in 2004 I think that the PE lineup will still be only 2 cars the 43Cheerios with some hot rookie driving, and Kyles GP Dodge with CF takignthe car full time in 2005.

SO lets not worry about the past, lets not worry about the futur just worry about the safety of all the drivers, crews, fans, and armed forces over the next year, and Let what happens at PE happen.

(Ok my soap box now!! Just sick of reading all the negitive posts)

I agree with you.If any team on the circuit desrves a little respect and some good luck for a change,it is Kyle and co.

Back
Top Bottom