What is good racing

Yogisd1

Resident Retard
What makes for good racing? We all have different opinions, but what makes some races exciting, and other ones boring. I've heard "I can't explain it, but I know it when I see it." quite a few times. I have also found that people that say that, think exciting races are ones where their favorite driver is near the front. The boring ones are where their favorites are not up front. I know there is more to it than that. So what is it that makes good racing?

Good:side by side, passable.

Bad: single file trains dominated by the same 3 cars.

Pretty much that simple.

Passing, more than one car with a great setup.. a domiant car can be a boring race.tHe cars a lap down isnt 3/4 the field before halfway.

Things like that.

There isn't really any bad racing if you are a racing fan. If you watch tv and consider the top three that the camera follows to be racing , than you will find racing boring .Try watching golf . If you have a laptop and can follow the leaderboard . or if you can attend a race , you will find that there is never a time during the race that exciting action is not going on somewhere .

Hard side by side racing because aero advantage isn't messing things up and faster guys can actually get alongside the leader. Some bump and run and a little door rubbing to. Then in the closing laps, someone pits under caution for new tires (because they actually wear out) and rips thru the field to challenge for the win.

There isn't really any bad racing if you are a racing fan. If you watch tv and consider the top three that the camera follows to be racing , than you will find racing boring .Try watching golf . If you have a laptop and can follow the leaderboard . or if you can attend a race , you will find that there is never a time during the race that exciting action is not going on somewhere .

The Nascar apolgist right here.. We're all race fans here just some of us will call a spade a spade.

The Nascar apolgist right here.. We're all race fans here just some of us will call a spade a spade.

Nascar fan and proud of it . Wouldn't be so stupid as to sit and watch a 'boring' race . Who would do that ?

Nascar fan and proud of it . Wouldn't be so stupid as to sit and watch a 'boring' race . Who would do that ?

I'm a Nascar fan and pround of it but not every race is exciting, some ARE boring.. being a race fan doesn't mean that you have like every race. if you do, fine but I'd rather be an opinionated fan then one who accepts everything.

Side by side is always exciting... especially on the last lap. IMO good racing is when one car doesn't run away with it.. when there are a lot of lead changes and side by side racing are always the most exciting races.

Side by side is always exciting... especially on the last lap. IMO good racing is when one car doesn't run away with it.. when there are a lot of lead changes and side by side racing are always the most exciting races.

I'm sorry , I'm not picking on you , Sliced , but in what possible way could Nascar fix a race so no leader could ever get away from the rest of the field ? In what way would fixing the outcome make the race more exciting? I believe that in any race , in any sport , there will always be winners and losers . Fast and slow . There are a hundred different factors for Nascar to control to keep the pack together including , engine shops , pit stops , strategy,and accidents . What is the point of racing if the best car on that day cannot win ?

I doubt that everyone has the same opinion on what is good racing.

I wonder where the "real" fans would be if those of us who aren't good enough to be considered fans quit watching? Or maybe the "real" fans could require the rest of us to obtain a license to watch a race.

Personally, I don't need anyone to tell me what I am and am not a fan of nor do I need to have my head shoved up Nascars ass to enjoy some racing.

I think it's relative as well.... most people are
I'm sorry , I'm not picking on you , Sliced , but in what possible way could Nascar fix a race so no leader could ever get away from the rest of the field ? In what way would fixing the outcome make the race more exciting? I believe that in any race , in any sport , there will always be winners and losers . Fast and slow . There are a hundred different factors for Nascar to control to keep the pack together including , engine shops , pit stops , strategy,and accidents . What is the point of racing if the best car on that day cannot win ?
I never said they can do anything about it. I find the racing more exciting when there is more lead changes... its my opinion.. you don't have to like it.

I never said there aren't boring races lol because obviously there are and that doesn't take away from how much I like watching it... but its clearly more exciting watching more fights more the lead.

Yes........ the back markers are continuously bouncing off each other, mucho fun to watch and see which one causes the next caution

The only race I have ever seen that I didn't like was the rain shortened event in Fontana a couple of years ago. I was in freakin' tears from the stands to the car when they called it because I was cheated out of 60 laps of racing--so the racing was good, but the way it ended sucked. Hated it. Other than that, I love them all, and I mean that. A guy that checks out is fascinating. How the hell did he do that? Side by side--awesome. Parade? Hell, there are worse things I could be doing. It's all good.

The only race I have ever seen that I didn't like was the rain shortened event in Fontana a couple of years ago. I was in freakin' tears from the stands to the car when they called it because I was cheated out of 60 laps of racing--so the racing was good, but the way it ended sucked. Hated it. Other than that, I love them all, and I mean that. A guy that checks out is fascinating. How the hell did he do that? Side by side--awesome. Parade? Hell, there are worse things I could be doing. It's all good.

You are awesome Rev !!! you even love the groaners :D

I was pissed when the rain shortened the Phoenix race, wanted to see Kyle finish them off. didnt get to see a burnout or a bow either :(
I would sit in the rain for a week to see a Kyle Busch burnout and the signature bow

You are awesome Rev !!! you even love the groaners :D

I was pissed when the rain shortened the Phoenix race, wanted to see Kyle finish them off. didnt get to see a burnout or a bow either :(
I would sit in the rain for a week to see a Kyle Busch burnout and the signature bow
I'm beginning to worry about you. :eek:

I dont want you to worry about me I will break it down for ya

A "groaner" is a crappy race
Yep------ in the rain for a week for a Kyle Busch show :D

Right with ya Kyle18. Hey, where the hell is all of the bitching when a Cup driver wins a NNS race today? What a bunch of crap.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about being bored or picking the races apart. I never have been able to watch stick n ball so I know what some are talking about.

The kind of racing I hate is that kind that has become too prominent in NASCAR now - aero racing combined with indestructible tires. Too difficult to pass averaging 190 MPH a lap in a Roomba that needs to be sucked down to the ground at all of the 1.5s, and tires don't wear, so most of the race is a fight in the pits to see who can put two tires on the quickest under an invisibris caution followed by an insane restart since the drivers know they'll hardly be able to pass five laps later.

If a track is difficult to pass on, at least let it be because it's a challenging technical track like Martinsville, Sonoma, or New Hampshire. Even a stereotypical boring track like Pocono or Indy can be interesting because of how different the tracks are and how tough it is for drivers to take the flat turns that fast without a hiccup on corner exit that leads on to a long straightaway.

I like multiple lanes, passing. I also a race with pit strategy and gambling.

Right with ya Kyle18. Hey, where the hell is all of the bitching when a Cup driver wins a NNS race today? What a bunch of crap.

There are lots of people that hate to see cup guys win in Nationwide . The fact that they all hate Kyle too , has nothing to do with it . Same as the guys who find a Cup race 'boring' if Jimmie Johnson wins . :)

Good racing is when you have a group of drivers who don't want to settle for second and don't care about where their teammates finish. Not every race is going to be a "great" race, but over the last couple years they've become few and far between. Hopefully with a win getting you in the Chase we'll see more battles up front. Watching a battle for 30th doesn't really peak my interest too much.

Whole nuther ball game when you know who wins huh?? And Brad is older than Kyle

Back
Top Bottom