What kyle is doing right now is amazing

Obviously there will come a day when he will fall off but its not going to be tomorrow, next year or five years from now. Johnson was in his prime in his early to mid 30's (or his whole career really), Harvick didn't emerge as a top driver until his late 30's, Stewart won his last title at 39/40, Mark Martin was still the man as his closed in on his 50's.

If KB can keep his legs in one piece and his attitude under control I think he is going to put on a show.

Kenseth has also won 12 races the past 3 years in his mid 40's

I can tell you that I stopped counting championships after JJ's last as the method of crowning a champ is a joke. The new convoluted format really bothered me as JJ will never get the opportunity to meet or exceed the champs of Petty and Earnhardt.

First off JJ wouldn't have 6 championships if not for Nascar changing how a champion is crowned. There is nothing in this format that prevents him from making the final 4 and being the best finisher at Homestead. So he does have the same opportunity that the other 40 drivers have.

First off JJ wouldn't have 6 championships if not for Nascar changing how a champion is crowned. There is nothing in this format that prevents him from making the final 4 and being the best finisher at Homestead. So he does have the same opportunity that the other 40 drivers have.

Seeing I don't acknowledge this format JJ will be forever be stuck on 6 champs.

And this is relevant because...?
Irrelevant to you and I.

Were either of us conspiracy theorists, we would righteously claim he did it purposefully in order to mask one form of illegality or another back there.

Your right, It really is amazing what good old fashioned cheating can accomplish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kansas race winner ====== Kyle Busch

So being dominate means cheating, hmmm,

NO. 18 SPRINT CUP TEAM HIT WITH P3 PENALTY

By Staff report | NASCAR.com |
May 11, 2016 at 12.00 PM

NASCAR levied a P3 penalty against the No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota driven by Kyle Busch for infractions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GoBowling 400 event on Saturday at Kansas Speedway.

Adam Stevens, crew chief, was fined $20,000, suspended from all NASCAR Series Championship points events through May 18 and put on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.

The No. 18 team's front tire changer, Josh Leslie, was suspended through May 18 and put on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.

The No. 18 was penalized under sections 12:1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), 10.11.3 (pit road equipment) and 12.5.3.4.1 (which outlines the P3-level penalty) of the NASCAR Rule Book.

According to Richard Buck, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series managing director, an infraction with the No. 18's lug nuts was found in post-race inspection. NASCAR mandates that all wheels and lug nuts be secured in a safe manner and that all five lug nuts be installed.

www.nascar.com

And when Hendrick and Chevy dominated for twenty years?

Doesn't compare to all four Gibbs cars constantly running in the top 5 or 10. Hendrick never had more than two cars at a given time be so great.

That being said, I don't think they are cheating. Gibbs certainly has a competitive advantage right now, and it's well earned. I hate it since I cannot stomach the 11 and 19, and I'm tired of seeing the 18 always up front, but it's up to everyone else to catch up.

As far as what Kyle is doing right now, yeah it's impressive, but it's still not close to Gordon. Get at me when Kyle wins 33 Cup races in three years :D

Jeff almost got a 5th one year under the original format.

I'm probably the only Gordon fan in the world who was OK with seeing him finish 2nd in 1996. Terry Labonte deserved that championship, and it was really cool seeing him win his second title 12 years after his first. Texas Terry was awesome.

Gordon fans boo hoping because he only got 4 titles is just like me when I complain the patriots should have more than 4 Super Bowls. My father always told me to shut up and try being a bills fan :p

Gibbs teams are doing something illegal, too dominant to not be.

I don't think that they are dominating. I think you have equipment which is at best the equal of the Hendrick boys, and drivers good enough to take advantage of that. The 4 blows the dominance theory.

Doesn't compare to all four Gibbs cars constantly running in the top 5 or 10. Hendrick never had more than two cars at a given time be so great.

Yeah, well then that was because the drivers held them back. Hendrick has had dominant equipment for a long time, and I really don't think that has changed much. Gibbs drivers are taking advantage of quality equipment, and their drivers are better than Hendrick. Really, this is the first time that Toyota has given Kyle a piece that is on par with Hendrick. On par, but by no means, far superior IMO.

Your right, It really is amazing what good old fashioned cheating can accomplish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been waiting forever for Toyota to be accused of cheating--it's NASCAR's mark of success. Thank you.

Gibbs teams are doing something illegal, too dominant to not be.

They have yet to dissect the root cause of the "issue" ............. Kyle Busch. A medical team is being assembled as we speak ... they gonna cut him up and look at the pieces under a microscope :(

Ron Hornaday will oversee the project

NO. 18 SPRINT CUP TEAM HIT WITH P3 PENALTY

By Staff report | NASCAR.com |
May 11, 2016 at 12.00 PM

NASCAR levied a P3 penalty against the No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota driven by Kyle Busch for infractions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GoBowling 400 event on Saturday at Kansas Speedway.

Adam Stevens, crew chief, was fined $20,000, suspended from all NASCAR Series Championship points events through May 18 and put on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.

The No. 18 team's front tire changer, Josh Leslie, was suspended through May 18 and put on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.

The No. 18 was penalized under sections 12:1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), 10.11.3 (pit road equipment) and 12.5.3.4.1 (which outlines the P3-level penalty) of the NASCAR Rule Book.

According to Richard Buck, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series managing director, an infraction with the No. 18's lug nuts was found in post-race inspection. NASCAR mandates that all wheels and lug nuts be secured in a safe manner and that all five lug nuts be installed.

www.nascar.com

Kansas race winner ====Kyle Busch

I'll say it again......Most of you Kyle Busch fans are hypocrites, I'm not saying anything different than you guys used to always say about Jimmy Johnson.

You are wrong. I have never had a problem with what Hendrick has done or didn't do. Ever. I am a big Chad Knaus fan....except when he beats my Toyotas.

Kyle is doing well, no doubt. But Carl is doing basically the same thing in the same equipment. Harvick is ahead of him in points. Kurt has more top 10s. Not really sure that qualifies as 'amazing'. It's like you guys started watching NASCAR last year. A guy wins three races and strings together some top 5s and he's the greatest driver in NASCAR history. Kyle has never been a dominant driver in the 12 years he's been in Cup.

They have yet to dissect the root cause of the "issue" ............. Kyle Busch. A medical team is being assembled as we speak ... they gonna cut him up and look at the pieces under a microscope :(

Ron Hornaday will oversee the project

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. After coming back from what he went through last season, you can be assured that his nuts are tight. Ronny boy hasn't ever seen anything like them.

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. After coming back from what he went through last season, you can be assured that his nuts are tight. Ronny boy hasn't ever seen anything like them.

LMAO :lol2:

I'm willing to concede that the 18 may not have been cheating at Dover...:p

Kyle is doing well, no doubt. But Carl is doing basically the same thing in the same equipment. Harvick is ahead of him in points. Kurt has more top 10s. Not really sure that qualifies as 'amazing'. It's like you guys started watching NASCAR last year. A guy wins three races and strings together some top 5s and he's the greatest driver in NASCAR history. Kyle has never been a dominant driver in the 12 years he's been in Cup.

Edwards - 2 wins, 5 Top-5, 8 Top-10, Avg finish - 10.5, 653 laps led.

Kyle Busch - 3 wins, 9 Top-5, 9 Top-10, Avg finish - 9.5, 679 laps led.

Harvick - 1 win, 5 Top-5, 9 Top-10, Avg finish - 7.6, 688 laps led.

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom