What move would rejuvenate NASCAR the most?

What move would rejuvenate NASCAR the most?

• New manufacturer

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 3-5 new tracks to the schedule, 3-5 less cookie cutter/intermediate tracks

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Season long points battle with no playoffs

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
Short of a 'time machine' I don't know of any single or small collection of ideas that could do the trick. Certainly nothing that could be done to right this ship in short order. Set its course back to January 21, 2004 and erase about every change from there. That would be a great start.

Oh, and all of your ideas look good.

Short of a 'time machine' I don't know of any single or small collection of ideas that could do the trick. Certainly nothing that could be done to right this ship in short order. Set its course back to January 21, 2004 and erase about every change from there. That would be a great start.

Oh, and all of your ideas look good.

Honestly, the chances are, none of the above actually happens.

If all of the above happened, TV ratings and attendance would go up IMO.

Honestly, the chances are, none of the above actually happens.

If all of the above happened, TV ratings and attendance would go up IMO.
I think just about any true shakeup in the sport would cause a rise in the ratings. Sustainability. That's the key. Would any of those changes actually keep people watching?

I became an avid fan by actually getting to a track to see a race for the first time. Watching it on television is okay but I don't think I ever would have remained a fan all these years without actually attending races. Now that I am no longer attending these races, I find my interest in the sport becoming less. The final straw was when they removed my seats @ Martinsville creating a 'party zone' in lieu of the best seats in the venue. Their overpriced, overhyped 'party zone' will prove to be a failed venture as many of their thinking outside of the box ideas become. At this point, I don't know what it would take to get me back to the track again.

I voted season long point system. I also think Nascar should quit trying for excitement throughout the race BUT they should have the cameras pointed at where the excitement is at any given time and NOT try to make it all about the top 5.
IMO the broadcast hurts Nascar more than anything.

NASCAR’s challenge is to produce a product that the current fans can get behind but also attract a newer and younger fan. I have an idea of what some of us older fans would like but IDK what a 15-20-25 year old wants to see.

NASCAR’s challenge is to produce a product that the current fans can get behind but also attract a newer and younger fan. I have an idea of what some of us older fans would like but IDK what a 15-20-25 year old wants to see.

Am 22, want the old points system back. I don't view Logano as a true champion like I do Truex.

Some more short/road tracks would also be nice, show off the technical skills of these drivers. Move on to Gen 7 already and up the HP at most tracks again. Adding a European, probably German manufacturer like Volkswagen, Audi or BMW would be cool, but I'd settle for Nissan. Send the Waltrips and Jeff Burton to the ranch and bring Bobby Labonte and Jamie Mac to the booth. Scrap the garbage qualifying but keep the stages, they produce intense racing.

the points system gives me a headache. Note to Nascar. When you have to have a box up top to explain the points system?
upload_2019-5-13_13-43-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-13_13-42-40.png
    upload_2019-5-13_13-42-40.png
    19 KB · Views: 384
What move would rejuvenate NASCAR? It's pretty funny that the answer to this question is to see some of the old vets come out of retirement. Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Dale Jr., Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle & Jamie McMurray. It would be a welcome sight to see those guys back full time. Those guys carried the torch when NASCAR needed it the most.

I'd say for Cup only:
1.) Scrap the Vince McMahon/WWE gimmick Playoffs and go back to the Winston Cup points system with an emphasis on wins with bonus points for fastest lap in a race, pole position and most laps led during the race
2.) Find a Sponsor to sponsor a program like the Winston Million which was like NASCAR's majors like Golf's. I'd do win 3 of 4 races that include the Daytona 500, Coca Cola 600, Brickyard 400 and Southern 500 to get a million dollars.
3.) Go back to North Wilkesboro and The Rock with a Cup date for each. See how it goes, with potential for 2 more.
4.) Get Dodge Back. ASAP.

People are permitted to retire.

Dead race tracks resist rescusitation. Ask Andy Hillenburg.

Just need an all time great back in it. It’s just like golf and tennis, when there’s that one legend everyone’s chasing it gravitates people. We went from Petty to Earnhardt to Gordon to Jimmie. Kinda in a lull right now as is the sport.

Look at golf, Tiger is back and Brooks is killing it, and ticket sales as well as ratings are way up

Back
Top Bottom