What new shows are you watching this season?

Benevolent One

Team Owner
We are watching Revolution, The Mob Doctor, Go On, Elementary, and I may be missing one or two more. I really liked a show that was on for like two weeks called Jersey Girl (I think). It was different and really good, but CBS really didn't promote it much at all and I'm guessing that the ratings were horrible because of that.

Revolution... is pretty good and seems to have a pretty strong following. As I said on another thread, the wife and kids seem to like it more than I do, but it's pretty good.

The Mob Doctor... is really good. I started watching it because Jordana Spiro is in it. It's kind of a weak premise, but it's actually a really good show. The basic premise is that she plays a surgeon who's brother owed enough money to the local mob, from gambling, that they were going to kill him but she agreed to work for the mob to pay off his debt and spare his life.

Go On ...is a really funny comedy staring Matthew Perry as a national sports radio talk show host who's wife died in a car accident. He was ordered by his employer to join a grief counselling group to deal with it. It is a really funny group of people who are in this group with him. Raising Hope is the only other sit-com that I watch so it's not like I love the genre. I just don't find most of them very funny at all, but Go On has me laughing out loud a lot of the time.

Elementary ...is a modern day Sherlock Holmes. Some english guy, Jonny Lee Miller or something like that, plays Holmes. Lucy Liu plays Dr Watson, a former surgeon who is now an addiction counsellor who was hired by Holmes' father to help him overcome some drug addiction that he recently left a treatment facility for. It's a really good show for the most part. And that's hard for me to say because british accents drive me freaking nuts.

Last Resort....On ABC about the crew of the fictional USS Colorado sub they are given orders to Nuke Pakistan through a Cold War network thats only used if Washington has been destroyed. When they question the orders they are fired on by another American sub and left for dead. They aren't sunk though and land on a small island in the Indian ocean and set up base. Since then they have declared a 200 mile zone around the Island and launched a nuke that landed off the US coast near DC as a warning not to mess with them. Since then the US went ahead with a preemptive nuclear strike on Pakistan which has the whole world against us and China has invaded Taiwan. I find it pretty cool and exciting. Not heard many other people talk about watching it though.

Last Resort....On ABC about the crew of the fictional USS Colorado sub they are given orders to Nuke Pakistan through a Cold War network thats only used if Washington has been destroyed. When they question the orders they are fired on by another American sub and left for dead. They aren't sunk though and land on a small island in the Indian ocean and set up base. Since then they have declared a 200 mile zone around the Island and launched a nuke that landed off the US coast near DC as a warning not to mess with them. Since then the US went ahead with a preemptive nuclear strike on Pakistan which has the whole world against us and China has invaded Taiwan. I find it pretty cool and exciting. Not heard many other people talk about watching it though.

That does sound interesting. But, it sounds like something that would be impossible tp pick up on if you didn't watch it from the beginning. Also, my son and I would be the only ones who would watch it.

I've been watching Revolution on the NBC website. Rather decent show but I'm not sold on it's shelf life. It seems like one of those one/two season tops shows.

That does sound interesting. But, it sounds like something that would be impossible tp pick up on if you didn't watch it from the beginning. Also, my son and I would be the only ones who would watch it.
They kinda have been recapping previous events before the start of each episode so far, not to many episodes in so it wouldn't be hard to catch up.

Hey, I saw that CBS is showing another episode or two of Jersey Girl coming up on Saturday nights. Like I said, it is different from most everything else on TV lately. It's not the greatest show I've ever seen, but pretty damn good.

It would be nice if they actually promoted the show and gave it a chance to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom