What Races Will You Attend in 2024?

virtualbalboa

Team Owner
I got my Chili Bowl tickets, but my buddy who I usually go to the NHRA Norwalk event with is having some rough issues right now and isn't renewing and so unfortunately for everyone, neither am I. Beyond that, I'm looking at the following from my post here in Michigan:

-Detroit Grand Prix: Skipped last year because I was on a cruise, but this year it is absolutely on the calendar. The same weekend has the High Limit Series in the ONLY touring 410 series stop in the whole state Saturday evening. Obviously I'm going to this, the only question is if I go Sunday only to Detroit or go for IMSA and then do all the driving to make High Limit at Butler. For that reason, I don't have a ticket yet.

-Indycar at Gateway weekend: They're moving to a Saturday night race, which is super great because I don't want to feel like I did at Iowa in 2021. It's pretty obvious that Silver Crown is running Friday night, probably along with NXT, and then they go to Springfield the next day a 90 minute drive north for the Bettenhausen 100. I'm gonna make the trip. Just gonna happen.

-Indycar at Iowa: Speaking of that place, I'm hemming and hawing about going back in 2023. It's a fantastic race more often than not, I like the facility, and I like that I can go to Knoxville as part of my time there. The downside is the drive. There's no two ways around it that it is an 8 hour ride to Des Moines from where I live, and that to attend I usually have to take one or two days off work due to running Sunday afternoon. I can drive nearly half the distance, meanwhile, and go to Wilmot for the IRA/WOO co-sanctioned races that I might care more about? Not sure?

-Hy-Miler at Sandusky. I lived in Sandusky one summer and I've never been to the track. It's only in the last few years that I even really came to appreciate it's position in the Supermodified universe and what that meant.

Local tracks to me I'm just waiting on full schedules for but there's some appealing stuff: Must See Sprints at Owosso, Berlin will have an SRX date again along with Supermods and the 500 Sprint Car series, and there's a new 350ci Supermod/Winged Sprint series in this part of the country and they're booked at M-40 which would be really exciting to see them at.

Distance driving stuff I'm considering: anything/everything PA Sprint Car related, IMSA @ Watkins Glen or IMS

Fly away stuff that I'm looking at: Texas for High Limit or Outlaw shows in March, The Classic at Epping

How about you? Still waiting for local schedules, already booking flights, somewhere in between?

I got my Chili Bowl tickets, but my buddy who I usually go to the NHRA Norwalk event with is having some rough issues right now and isn't renewing and so unfortunately for everyone, neither am I. Beyond that, I'm looking at the following from my post here in Michigan:

-Detroit Grand Prix: Skipped last year because I was on a cruise, but this year it is absolutely on the calendar. The same weekend has the High Limit Series in the ONLY touring 410 series stop in the whole state Saturday evening. Obviously I'm going to this, the only question is if I go Sunday only to Detroit or go for IMSA and then do all the driving to make High Limit at Butler. For that reason, I don't have a ticket yet.

-Indycar at Gateway weekend: They're moving to a Saturday night race, which is super great because I don't want to feel like I did at Iowa in 2021. It's pretty obvious that Silver Crown is running Friday night, probably along with NXT, and then they go to Springfield the next day a 90 minute drive north for the Bettenhausen 100. I'm gonna make the trip. Just gonna happen.

-Indycar at Iowa: Speaking of that place, I'm hemming and hawing about going back in 2023. It's a fantastic race more often than not, I like the facility, and I like that I can go to Knoxville as part of my time there. The downside is the drive. There's no two ways around it that it is an 8 hour ride to Des Moines from where I live, and that to attend I usually have to take one or two days off work due to running Sunday afternoon. I can drive nearly half the distance, meanwhile, and go to Wilmot for the IRA/WOO co-sanctioned races that I might care more about? Not sure?

-Hy-Miler at Sandusky. I lived in Sandusky one summer and I've never been to the track. It's only in the last few years that I even really came to appreciate it's position in the Supermodified universe and what that meant.

Local tracks to me I'm just waiting on full schedules for but there's some appealing stuff: Must See Sprints at Owosso, Berlin will have an SRX date again along with Supermods and the 500 Sprint Car series, and there's a new 350ci Supermod/Winged Sprint series in this part of the country and they're booked at M-40 which would be really exciting to see them at.

Distance driving stuff I'm considering: anything/everything PA Sprint Car related, IMSA @ Watkins Glen or IMS

Fly away stuff that I'm looking at: Texas for High Limit or Outlaw shows in March, The Classic at Epping

How about you? Still waiting for local schedules, already booking flights, somewhere in between?
NASCAR:
MIS (obviously)
Atlanta
Brickyard
Martinsville

IndyCar:
Indy 500
Mid Ohio

NHRA:
Norwalk

NASCAR
Dover
Talladega

Dirt
Talladega short track.

Beyond that I have no idea I plan things than don't follow through. I've got a few tracks I'd like to get to this year but it all depends on so many things.

NASCAR:
MIS (obviously)
Atlanta
Brickyard
Martinsville

IndyCar:
Indy 500
Mid Ohio

NHRA:
Norwalk
Have you ever done the Northern Nationals at US-131 before? I've had it on my tentative "could do it" list for awhile now but never pull the trigger. They usually have a 4-6 car Top Fuel field as part of festivities, though they stopped running 1320ft after the pandemic ended and PDRA took over sanctioning.

Back
Top Bottom