What the hell happened to the CMA Awards?

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Watching last night's CMA Awards on the ABC app now.

They took my favorite pop/rap awards show and replaced it with country music. :confused:

What the hell happened? :confused:

Don't be fooled. There is still a lot of country music coming out.

I agree that there is good country music out there. You won't see it on an awards show though, imo. Personally I think one of the best country singers I've heard in ages is Rob Coffinshaker.

Chris Stapleton disagrees with you.
Along with....

Kacey Musgraves

Cody Jinks

Sturgill Simpson

Caitlin Rose

JP Harris

Aaron Lewis (lead singer of rock band Staind, ironically)

And if you haven't heard his cover of Rascal Flatts 'What Hurts The Most', do yourself a favor and listen.

There is no more real country music coming out.

There's tons of great country music coming out, it just isn't being played on the radio. The majority of the music on the radio is pop country geared towards the same generation that thinks Kanye, Bieber, etc. is good music.

Also, there are some people with music being played on the radio that have some real talent, but now they are making music aimed at the lowest common denominator because that's what makes the big bucks. It's unfortunate, but I understand it.

Seeing Randy Travis going to into the HoF was tough given his bad health . Maybe I am a wus, my eyes were moist.

There's tons of great country music coming out, it just isn't being played on the radio. The majority of the music on the radio is pop country geared towards the same generation that thinks Kanye, Bieber, etc. is good music.

Also, there are some people with music being played on the radio that have some real talent, but now they are making music aimed at the lowest common denominator because that's what makes the big bucks. It's unfortunate, but I understand it.
The only radio I listen to now is Willies Roadhouse on Sirrius-XM.

Tell me any of those clowns can hold a match to George Jones or Loretta Lynn or Charlie Pryde
Really enjoyeded seeing Charlie Pride, a truly great voice.

There is a lot of talent out there and there always will be, but country radio has forsaken the good stuff.
They honoured a lot of the older singers at the CMAs and that was good. Too bad that the old country sound/styles they played doesn't hit the daily radios like it used too. My wife still loves the current country radio, I hear it everytime we go somewhere in her car.
But the **** just gets in my nerves. The last 10 years has been a real degradation.

There is a lot of talent out there and there always will be, but country radio has forsaken the good stuff.
They honoured a lot of the older singers at the CMAs and that was good. Too bad that the old country sound/styles they played doesn't hit the daily radios like it used too. My wife still loves the current country radio, I hear it everytime we go somewhere in her car.
But the sh!t just gets in my nerves. The last 10 years has been a real degradation.

Real country is making a comeback thanks to Stapleton, Cody Jinks, Kacey Musgraves:wub: and Sturgill Simpson.

If you guys have never heard of it, try out a program for your computer called Radio Sure. It has tons of good classic country channels as well as about any you would want. My favorite classic country channel is 181.fm highway 181

http://www.radiosure.com/

Things change. Country's no longer County like Rock is no longer Rock. There's no shortage out there of ways for all of us to listen to what we like. There's obviously a market for all of these forms of music. Bitchin' about what Country's become is like complaining about the weather.

I'm tired of hearing that music of any given genre is dead. Good music is alive and well. You just have to know where to look.

I listen to Pandora, on shuffle mode with the following stations shuffling. Pretty great mix of music here, and never a bro-country song. And I can't tell you the last time I listed to terrestrial radio.

Sturgill Simpson Radio
Johnny Cash Radio
Sam Bush Radio
BR549 Radio
Wayne Hancock Radio
Old Crow Medicine Show Radio
Dale Watson Radio
Hank III Radio
Waylon Jennings Radio
Merle Haggard Radio
New Grass Revival Radio
Kickin Grass Radio
Bill Monroe Radio
Alison Krauss and Union Station Radio

Chris Stapleton wins male vocalist and Garth Brooks wins entertainer of the year and all I hear is country is dead?? What in the serious eff?
Eh, I love me some Garth, but he's a big reason for todays "pop country" sound. Every his success, every label went searching for the next big marketable act that would fit across all genres.

John Malone said it best - "Garth Brooks might have been the best and worst thing to happen to country music in its history."

Back
Top Bottom