What the Hell

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
what the hell happened with Mark's car on the pace lap?

BIZZAREVILLE

bad call on nascar there....shoulda atleast let them pit even if they started last instead of forcin them to lose a lap......another twist in the points helped out by Nascar....:mad:

looks like tony just got what he needed to win the points man jimmie got screwed

That was crazy. I still don't believe that. This points race is C R A Z Y!:uhmnotsur

Originally posted by hooty3181529
bad call on nascar there....shoulda atleast let them pit even if they started last instead of forcin them to lose a lap......another twist in the points helped out by Nascar....:mad:

Wouldn't letting them pit be seen as controlling the points race anyway- damned if they do and damned if they don't......

No one can take advantage, Stewart has been running the best lately, but even with that Johnson or Martin is not out of the championship yet.

Originally posted by DEF3
Wouldn't letting them pit be seen as controlling the points race anyway- damned if they do and damned if they don't......

well..i damned them for this 1...LOL...maybe a different day I wouldn't...:D

Jimmy could have pitted when Mark did. As long as fuel is not added to the car, no penalty is involved.

I really felt sorry for both drivers. I can't imagine what went through Mark's mind when the steering froze. And Jimmie, damn, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think NASCAR screwed the pooch on that call....How many times have they called off the green flag for an unknown reason this year?

They should have had a few more caution laps or even brought the whole field back in and let everyone top off their tanks.

Mark's problem was not the same as some fan throwing somthing on the track or the computers timing system not up and running. Those are the common cause for the wave offs on the start of a race. NASCAR did it right. Unfortunate for Mark and JJ.......but, hey, luck is a part of racing.:)

This is just part of the many strange things that has happened at Talledega over the years.

Once the cars roll off pit road, they have rolled off pit road. To penalize the other cars by making them run an extra lap under yellow while Mark and Jimmie made repairs would not have been fair to the 41 other cars.

Oh yea, please don't don't throw green I'm not ready?

Can I have do-overs?

Mark Martin was on the verge of his first Cup, and yea it sucks.
JJ was on the verge of becoming the 1st rookie to win the Cup, and yea that sucks. But that my friends is racin.

It could just as easily be Tony next week.

No one is out of anything. If Mark can lose 75 points in one race, so can anyone else.

The guessing game is over. Now they can race.

Bizarre doesn't count TWF.

Or maybe it does this year. Whatever, betcha the guys in race control are going crazy trying to figure out how they are going to get the Cup to the rookie. ;)

If they start with the mystery yellows this near the end of the season I'm gonna go nuts

If bizarre doesn't count, Tony needs to give some points back.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
If bizarre doesn't count, Tony needs to give some points back.

Didn't follow that one TWF..........why would Tony have to give some points back?:(

Read the previous 2 posts.:)

If bizarre doesn't count, then today's points don't count, and Tony shouldn't be in the lead. All 36 races count.

Well that's not the first time something just whizzed past me on this board. Still don't understand........but it's okay.:)

I am illustrating that bizarre situations, contrary to the opinion of our esteemed tortoise breeder, do indeed count, and can happen to anyone at any time.

what the hell? i was saying the same thing then after here something stuck i was like "by god it is robbie Gordon in 30 years":p :p

Originally posted by 71Fan
Once the cars roll off pit road, they have rolled off pit road. To penalize the other cars by making them run an extra lap under yellow while Mark and Jimmie made repairs would not have been fair to the 41 other cars.

Oh yea, please don't don't throw green I'm not ready?

Can I have do-overs?

Mark Martin was on the verge of his first Cup, and yea it sucks.
JJ was on the verge of becoming the 1st rookie to win the Cup, and yea that sucks.  But that my friends is racin.

It could just as easily be Tony next week.
Mulligan!! Mulligan!!

I said maybe it does.....geesh....wattsamatta U? Bullwinkle break probation or something?:p

That was wierd, Mark's car just went left and wouldn't stop. Bad break for both of them.

Back
Top Bottom