What tracks would you like to see get another date if only two were av

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
If NASCAR does what's is almost a foregone conclusion, taking away a date from both Darlington and Rockingham, where would you like to see those two dates added. Remember, there will be no tracks with more than two dates. Since I'm not all that familiar with the newer tracks that have Busch dates, I'll not mention them. So for me, it would have to be Las Vegas and Phoenix, but Texas would be right in there with them.

yea i say Kentucky I would beso happy bc it is by my college

Krystle

I'd say move atleast one of them out of the SE part of the US. I think they should consider another race in California at a different track. And put the other race at Phoenix or Kentucky.

But if it were up to me, I'd leave Darlington with two races. IOts one of my favorite tracks. Never been a huge fan of Rockingham, but it isn't all that bad either.

Of the tracks currently on the schedule, I vote for Phoenix and....ummm....wait a second, something will come up...errrrrr....maybe....

Heck, just keep 'em where they're at for God's sake.

I still say take nothing from Darlington or Rockingham.
Dump 1 each at NHIS and Pocono, add 1 to Watkins Glen and one to Phoenix.

like i said a million times before.
take away both louden races and one dover race and give it to more deserving races (toledo motorspeedway, indy night race and a las vegas night race)

Kat, they won't take anything away from Pocono as long as there isn't any other track in the NY area. That's what is really keeping the two dates there.

There is a proposal on the board to build a track in the Meadowlands are area of NJ. It has been an on again off again thing, the hagling over the land has been a big issue. Until another track is built that can accomodate over 100,000 fans in tat area Pocono is safe.

That's what I've heard. One has to wonder though, why isn't NASCAR working harder to get a track in that area? The NY market is just what they have in mind for entertaining sponsors etc. This should be a shoe in. I just wonder what the hitch is.

Noise was one issue that I saw was brought up when a potential NY/NJ track was discussed.

Add one to Sears Point!! We need another one out here. or maybe another one at any road course. and I don't say that just because I like Gordon... i just like road courses a nice change from ovals!

Infineon is a horrible track for Nascar very boring race, it is won in the pits and not on the track. Road Atlanta would be a much better choice for a road race . The NY track issue is also hampered by the land deal, i think tha is the biggest obstacle from making it become reality. There is too much potential in that area , it would just be a natural progression for Nascar to build a super speedway in that market.

Originally posted by gordon24fan
Noise was one issue that I saw was brought up when a potential NY/NJ track was discussed.

The track wouldn't have to be all that close to metropolitan areas unless it's all metropolitan. Of course, we all know that isn't so, so what else could be the problem? I remember when I lived in Davenport, Iowa, there was a big push to build a track in the Quad Cities (both sides of the Mississippi River). One of the biggest gripes about the track were from people who didn't know a thing about the track. They didn't want all those rowdy, non-religious people around. Of course noise, crowded roads and such were also a gripe, but the non-religious thing was on the top of the list. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Those tracks are cool but way too small for 43 cars to race on, it would be another demolition derby like Bristol.:p

I'd give a date to pikes peak. Its a new market and besides, the busch races aren't that borin there.

Originally posted by Mopardh9
There is a proposal on the board to build a track in the Meadowlands are area of NJ. It has been an on again off again thing, the hagling over the land has been a big issue. Until another track is built that can accomodate over 100,000 fans in tat area Pocono is safe.

Both proposals for a track at the Meadowlands where shot down a few monthes ago. Hopefully someone will still build a track in New Jersey, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen at the Meadowlands.

I would give Nashvillea a date, but I would keep the second race at Darlington. Darlington is one of the oldest speedways in the series and is also very unique so I would keep it on the schedule.

If Darlington upgrades i would say yes keep 2 dates, it needs lights and more seating. Pikes Peak would be cool i live just up the road from it, i've seen Busch,Trucks, and IRL there. The trucks were the best , but PPIR decided that they were not making enough money off that date so they took it off the schedule this year. PPIR would have to add at least 40,000 seats, add another access road,more rest rooms, more concession stands and probably another exit-on ramp to handle all the extra traffic. I agree though it is a nice track!

Nashville will get a date if and when Dover loses one. They are owned principally by the same people. It'll be like how Texas got its date from North Wilkesboro...by purchasing it.

Also, I've heard a few rumors flying about that Bristol is possibly getting a 3rd date. Due to it being the toughest ticket on the circuit. My own personal opinion there is simple...as Lowe's Motor Speedway falls out of favor, The Winston gets moved to Bristol. Again, the tracks have principally the same ownership.

The Winston at Bristol...now THAT'S drama!

DH, I don't think that even if Darlington would update and get lights, they wouldn't be in serious trouble of losing a date. First off, they don't sell out as it is so more seating would be just throwing good money after bad. Secondly, and probably more importantly, according to my sources, it's what we've been talking about in other threads. The market is not what they want, though with Myrtle Beach about an hour away, that could solve that problem. It's just like all the other tracks that have gone by the wayside. The sport has outgrown it. I can't imagine they would ever take away both dates because of the history there, but they've done things like that in the past.

Infineon Raceway(Sears Point) & Watkins Glen.IMO,should both get a 2nd date,as road courses currently account for only 5.5% of the different track types on NASCAR curcuit!I love seeing Whom's the best set-up & driver to be able to turn left & right!JMO!:)
I'd also like to see Talladega & Daytona lose a date each & the curcuit to leave NHIS altogether,so as to bring in 2 more short track events that were lost after NASCAR quit visiting North Wilkesboro & those 2 dates were never replaced with similar short track dates!Next to road courses,I love short track racing with the beating & banging!JMO!:)

Either:

1) Give Bristol a 3rd Date!!!!

2) Give No. Wilkesboro one

3) Give it to Nashville, its concrete and not a cookie cutter.

4) Just give some short track the date, just as long Bruton Smith does not get what he wants:) :)

I'd say add another road corse like Road America and then dump the other date, leave it open for some new track that might be build some time in the future. But if they do give both dates to other tracks, I wouldn't mind seeing a race at Nashville, it's not a bad track and I have allways been a fan of Pikes Peak, I think it would be fun to watch the Cup boys run around there. But they might end up giving one of the dates to Texas to shut Bruton up. All I really care about is them moving the dates to a midwest or western state.

I just hope Smith does not get another date at Texas( sorry all you Texas people), but i feel he's a stain on the sport. I have heard that Las Vegas might be considered for a second date also. I still feel Infineon is not a good road track for the WC guys, but they won't lose a date. Upstate Washington would be nice for a new location.

Here's how things should go:

Replace California, Michigan, Homestead, and Pocono and replace them with Bristol, Bristol, Bristol, and Bristol.

24 finally someone agrees with me!
Looney, i agree that they should try a track in Washington.. the sport is growing so why not move to a place that doesn't have a race, it would open a whole new market and be good for the sport:D

Originally posted by Mopardh9
There is a proposal on the board to build a track in the Meadowlands are area of NJ. It has been an on again off again thing, the hagling over the land has been a big issue.

The price of the land is not the reason. The big stickler is no one knows how many bodies are in the Meadowlands Complex and surrounding areas and until all are accounted for, it is considered a burial ground. Until all are known or found, the issue of a auto race track at the Meadowlands will remain status quo.

There is still the rumor Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the goal post at Meadowlands Stadium and this will hold up any plans for the demolition of that facility.

HOWEVER, should there ever be a race track built on the Meadowlands site, night lighting is not a problem. There are so many flammable chemicals and untapped sources of methane gas from the dump under the Meadowlands Complex, fuel for lighting would be cost free. If you could stand the smell. It has been reported people from the Meadowlands area do not need flashlights at night when they go jogging. They actually glow in the dark from the chemicals in the water they drink.

As for the noise, the Secretary of the Environmental Protection Agency, former New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman should be able to obtain the necessary permits and permissions. The track record form her administration of granting numerous political and personal favors is compared to the "Boss Tweed" era with the motto, "everything is possible in NewJersey politics".

Sarcasm aside, don't any of you watch the Soprano's???

Now the fun is over. The following is a public message for those offended by the caustic comments about New Jersey. For a small state it is one of the most diversified in the United States. It has beautiful ocean beaches, mountains, flat sandy and rich black soils that grow some of the best produce in the world. It has few dairy farms left, but at one time was a leader in milk production. It is still a major producer of farm and garden products and strong agricultural background. It is the headquarters for M&M/MARS Coorporation.

And as a general piece of information, the answer is "NO", not every place is an exit off the New Jersey Turnpike. If the NJ Turnpike is the only part of the Garden State you have seen you missed the most beautiful and best. Travel to the western part of New Jersey, along the shore of the Delaware River where there are three of the most beautiful counties anywhere, Sussex, Warren and Hunterdon.

Travelogue ended !!!!!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom