What was up with Happy Hour??

H

HardScrabble

Since some of ya'll watched, did the analysts say anything about what was going on with certain teams? The back half of the page has some drivers who should not be there. Has Chicagoland got them thrashing, are they conserving the engine, what gives??

Bill Elliott 31st in HH, qualified 3rd
Rusty Wallace 33rd in HH qualified 8th
Matt Kenseth 39th in HH qualified 16th
Jeff Gordon 26th in HH qualified 15th
Dale Jarrett 22nd in HH qualified 11th

Not to mention Jimmie Johnson having to take a provisional. But you are correct there were some weird things there.

HS, the only one I heard them talk about was Rusty, and all they said was that he wasn't happy with the car.

Rusty wasn't happy with the car...no kidding!! LMAO

JJ tore his primary car up and qualified in a backup that was not set up for qualifying. The team got it close and JJ was afraid to push it since he had zero track time prior to the Q run. Had the ride up to 12th by HH, so he should be OK.

Yeah I think that those drivers knew that their cars were up to par and they may have just made some safe runs in HH.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Yeah I think that those drivers knew that their cars were up to par and they may have just made some safe runs in HH.
thats usually what happy hour pretty much is, most of the cars are done with their major setup adjustments, just nut-n-bolting everything to make sure they're completely ready for the race

for the most part I agree that the teams were protecting their equipment.

ParkHere commented on the one team which that is likely not true about. Both Saturday practice sessions saw Rusty and company struggling with to post strong numbers. 34th in the AM session and 33rd in HH.

Keep an ear out if NBC talks to Rusty in todays prerace coverage. Bet ya the team is making multiple adjustments for the race. Even more so than usual number of adjustments that Rusty's forever tinkering involves.

Back
Top Bottom